Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

...Featured Stamper #96

This was my submission for today's Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. The lucky recipient of this honor was one of my favorite stampers...Annascreations. You can view her amazing gallery HERE, but THIS was the card that I chose to CASE. I changed the following components of the card to make it my own: color combination, stamp set, sentiment, and layout.

I started with a Basic Black Cardstock base, then matted it with Whisper White Cardstock. The focal panel was Whisper White Cardstock that was sponged in Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink and a Sponge Dauber. I took a scrap piece of cardstock, and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cut Machine with the Sizzix Bigz Tulipe Die. I removed all of the cut pieces so that I had the outline to work with. After sponging the image I used a VersaMarker to trace the sponged image. I worked very quickly, then embossed the image with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. The sentiment was from the set "Thank You Kindly" from Stampin' Up! It was stamped in Basic Black Craft Ink using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Image Sheet for proper placement, then it was embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. Three Basic Black Brads were added down the right-hand side of the focal panel using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. The completed panel was matted with Basic Black Cardstock, then popped up off of the bottom white mat using Dimensionals.

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by today, and I will see you all again tomorrow. I have a Christmas tree to put up and decorate, and then I have several loads of laundry to wash...fun, fun, fun! So I will be a bit busy for the next little while. Until later...

Supplies
Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink, Basic Black Craft Ink
Accessories: versamarker, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder, heat gun, stamp-a-ma-jig, image sheet, brads, dimensionals, sizzix big shot, tulipe bigz die, sponge daubers

2 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

*Classic* elegance!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is gorgeous! I love the simple elegance and the colors. You did a great job! LOL! I just read what Debbie wrote at the top...yes...elgant indeed!