Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

...Triple Challenge (FS38, CC137, SC147)

I can't even begin to tell you how far behind I am on my challenges, so I decided to sit down and catch up on some yesterday. This card incorporates three, yes, three challenges: this week's color combination challenge, sketch challenge, and featured stamper challenge. The sketch is pretty self-explanatory, and so are the colors. I used Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray (love, love, love), Soft Sky, and Whisper White as my neutral. The card is cased from NiteStamper (Chat) as she was the featured stamper yesterday. Her original can be seen HERE. Her gallery is full of amazing color combos and unbelievable layouts...she is a true talent.

I changed only a few elements on the card to make it my own. Paisley is stamped in Soft Sky onto the sky papers, then the edges are sponged with the same color. The Basic Gray papers are used to accent the pomegranate and sky, so I placed it between the two. I used the sentiment from All Holidays, and stamped it onto Whisper White paper with Purely Pomegranate ink. I stamped it again in Soft Sky , and cut out the "kind". It is closely mounted onto a scrap piece of pomegranate, and layered over the original word in the sentiment. The medallion was made from the stamps in the Wanted set by stamping the medallion once in pomegranate, and again in VersaMark. The VersaMarked piece was embossed with Cranberry embossing powder from Ranger. Then I used one of the small accent stamps in pomegranate to top off the medallion. I punched out the large medallion with the scalloped circle punch. The VersaMarked and embossed piece was punched out using the 1-3/8 circle punch, and the small one was punched out with the 3/4 inch punch. I put a silver brad in the center of the top medallion piece, then separated each layer by a dimensional to add some height. The medallion itself is also mounted with dimensionals onto the left panel of the card. Silver brads were used in the corners of each background panel also. The sentiment panel is mounted with dimensionals to close out the sketch.

Well, that's it for today! I have several other challenges to do, so I will be very busy today in order to give you something new tomorrow...or maybe later today {wink, wink}! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I bid you an more wonderful week! Until next time...

Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies

Stamps: Paisley, All Holidays, Wanted

Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Whisper White

Ink: same as paper, VersaMark

Accessories: embossing powder, brads, dimensionals, sponge dauber, circle punches (scalloped, 1-3/8, 3/4)

2 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Simply Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!!You are SUCH an inspiration, Mercy....and your instructions & descriptions are awesome....I can CASE this with my eyes closed...soooooooo YUMMY!

Courtney said...

I adore those colors. They just look wonderful together!