Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

...Beate's Weekend Sketch, Color Challenge #135

Okay...I have to just say that I love my Verizon cell phone! The picture is a bit blurry, but I can't believe the resolution I can get from a VCast phone (unreal)! This is my card for a couple of challenges ~ Beate's weekend sketch challenge, and SCS's Color Challenge. I used Basic Gray, Basic Black, and River Rock cardstock. The card is a Z-Fold (Beate...this is so cool!), but measures 4-1/4 X 5-1/2 when together. You can see how to make this at Beate's website HERE. The ink used is the same as the paper with the exception of VersaMark. I stamped Tres Chic in Basic Grey on the left panel, but left the right panel empty. I also used the gray ink to sponge around the entire card. I then stamped the flourish from Carte Postale in River Rock, and sponged the edge of the Very Vanilla panel with gray. I pierced on corner of the vanilla paper using my paper piercer and mat pack. The flower medallion from Carte Postale was stamped in VersaMark onto River Rock cardstock, then it was embossed with black embossing powder. I punched out the flower only by using my 1-1/4 inch circle punch, then mounted it on Basic Black cardstock that I punched out using the 1-3/8 inch circle punch. I used my hobby blade to cut a one inch slit in the gray paper behind the main image, and ran my gray silk ribbon through it. I then tied the ribbon in a knot, and put a one inch strip of dimensionals onto the focal panel (I used the leftover strips from the outside edges of the dimensional sheet) on the left backside only so the card would still open up. The flower image is popped up further by using two dimensionals to give it more height. Lastly, I added some bling in the form of rhinestones to the flourish and flower. I LOVE this new Basic Gray paper! I have been dreaming of charcoal gray paper for a long time, so I was ecstatic to find out that SU was offering such a gorgeous shade of gray!

Well, it's time to get off of here and make the kids some lunch. Than you so much for coming by to see me. I'll see you all tomorrow! Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies:

Stamps: Tres Chic, Carte Postale

Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, River Rock, Very Vanilla

Ink: Basic Gray, River Rock, VersaMark

Accessories: circle punches (1-1/4 and 1-3/8), embossing powder, sponge dauber, rhinestones, silk ribbon, hobby blade, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is sooo beautiful! Love it. Hugs and smiles

Me, My Stamps and I said...

1. beautiful card !!!!
2. love this fun and wonderful sketch from Beate.
chat