Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

…Happy Birthday

THANK GOD…IT’S FRIDAY!!!  I don’t know about you all, but it has been one long week here at the Kerin house!  The boys are finally settled back into the school routine, and I am slowly getting back into the habit of stamping during the day again. 

Speaking of stamping, I wanted to let everyone know that I’ve stepped down from the TGF Design Team, so my Fridays are open for whatever I want to showcase.  I love Marie, Jessica, all of the Farmers, and all of the fans at TGF…but I really felt the need to step down since my mojo and heart just weren’t in it anymore.  I will still be using their FABULOUS images, and I might even be participating in a few of their challenges.  LOVE YOU, LADIES…and thanks for being such a wonderful design team!!!

card_1559

bldc2

Now for today’s card for yesterday’s BLD Challenge #2 at the By LORi Designs’ Blog…a Color Challenge (Red, Saffron, Chocolate, Kraft).  Once again, I have combined three different images using Photoshop Elements 8.0 (you can check out my Video Tutorial to see how it’s done).  I used “Wagon Tales PJ Katie”, “Puddle Jumpers Winter Landon”, and “Puddle Jumpers Party Time Piper” to create the focal panel.

Once I saved the new image, I printed it out and colored it all with Copic Sketch Markers.  The panel was cut out with a Nesties Die, and I added a sentiment panel using one of the sentiments from the new “Little Talks 2” set.  I paired the completed image with some patterned papers from SU’s  Bella Rose and Tall Tales Designer Series Paper packs along with some Kraft and Chocolate Cardstock.  After adding some Stitching, a Button with Twine, Silver Nail Heads, and several Dimensionals the card was complete.  Whatcha think?

That’s it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to head over to the BLD Blog to play along with this week’s challenge!  I’ll see you back here tomorrow with a peek at some of my new favorite stamps!  Until then…

blog_signature_winter_2_no swirls copy

13 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this adorable creation! She's too cute and you are getting AWESOME at incorporating different digis (as you know, your friend is photoshop-tarded, LOL!) We will miss you at TgF my dear, but I am SO happy to see you not stressed and stamping whatever you want WHENEVER you want-kudos to you! Lurve you tons!

Marisa said...

Totally adorable image!! Love the DP with the big polka dots too. Great card. Sounds like you need a good break from stamping "for" others and time to just relax and do it for the fun of it :) Way to follow your heart (((hugs)))

KanataNewf said...

What an adorable card - sad to hear that we won't be seeing you over at the TGF blog but I remain a loyal follower! Your creations are always inspiring!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is adorable - I gotta get me some of those Puddle Jumpers! :) Hope you have a great weekend.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Mercy your card is just adorable. Love how finished off the inside of the wagon.

~*Joni said...

Oh Mercy, I know leaving the Farm was hard, especially since your work there is always so amazing! Beautiful job on this BLD card - the colors are sooo yummy this week, I have to print and join in on the fun! Love the black stitching on your card, it's so creatively dramatic. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I just love this card!!! BLD are my faves so I am super excited to see your creations with them. Blessings and Hugs!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous creation Mercy!! Love it!!

LORi said...

Mercy!!! Look what I have missed today!! I have been painting ALL day (a stool that was ordered)and have just in the last little bit been able to get online!! Wow...this is one fabulous card!! So thankful for you!!
HUgs - LORi

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!

Sue said...

this is incredible Mercy, combining all those digis for this perfect image is amazing!!! thanks for sharing the tutorial! :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super CUTE, Mercy! Love all your stitching and oh-so-slight distressing!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So totally cute!!