Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

…CASE Study Challenge #23 (CSC23)

Happy Thursday, everyone!  My boys finally went back to school on Tuesday after being home for over 4 weeks, so schedules are finally getting back to normal for everybody.  We were all about to go stir crazy!  LOL!  I haven’t really had any cardmaking mojo the last week or so, but I did get a chance to sit down and color some images that I’ve neglected over the last few months…and I’m showcasing one today!

Today’s card is for the CASE Study Challenge #23 over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog.  Here’s my new sample:

card_1558

…based on this card:

CASE_Study_080809_012011

I decided to use the layout from the original sample, but I changed the color palette and the stamps used.  I used the C.C. Designs’ image “Sugarplums Teddy Emma” from All That Scraps along with a sentiment from the “Bear Hugs” set by There She Goes.  I stamped the image in Black Ink and colored it with Copic Sketch Markers.  I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of Olive Cardstock, then created a sentiment flag to scroll along the bottom of the image.  I cut out the focal panel using the Out Of The Box Technique with my Nesties and Big Shot, then paired the completed focal panel with some patterned papers from BasicGrey’s Pyrus paper pad along with some Rust, Olive, and White Cardstock.  I added some Faux Stitching along the edges of the largest patterned paper panel using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and Chocolate Marker.  After adding some Ribbon, a Corduroy Button with Twine, and several Dimensionals the card was complete.  So how did this one turn out?  :)

Check out the samples from the rest of the CSC team:

That’s it for me today!  Thanks for dropping by to see me, and be sure to stop by the CASE Study Challenge Blog to see the official rules and linking tools to play along.  I’ll see you all back here tomorrow with an announcement and a card for this week’s By LORi Designs Challenge, so until then…

blog_signature_winter_2_no swirls copy

7 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love how you did her hair, Mercy! The colour scheme is killing me... why didn't I think of that before?! :)

Crafty Jenn said...

This is adorable Mercy! Too cute sentiment. Nice work with the CASE. Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

<3 Jenn

Jessica Diedrich said...

Just as darling as can be, sweetie! Your coloring is DA boMB and I love that cord button! And the sent is certainly something we can related to, huh? Sure do love you!

Julie said...

Such a sweet card Mercy, and your coloring is perfect, as usual! :)

Sue said...

Stunning colour combination her, love love love how you have coloured this little miss, the hair is a real stand out!!! the sentiment is too cute! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute card, Mercy! Your coloring skills are marvelous! Love the design and the color scheme...it's just wonderful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So completely fabulous!!