Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

...On The 2nd Day of Sketches

This is my submission for the 12 Days of Sketches - Sketch Two at The Greeting Farm Blog. I used "HG-Laundry" along with some of my Penny Lane patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. I matched up the image with a sentiment from Verve's set "All About You". I watercolored the image, cut it out, then attached it to the focal panel with Dimensionals. I stitched the top and bottom edges of the patterned paper layer with mt sewing machine. I added some piercing above the panel with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, then added some Rhinestones below it to complete the card.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by to see me, and I will see you back here tomorrow with a sample for Sketch Three! Until then...

Supplies
Stamps: Laundry (The Greeting Farm), All About You (Verve)
Papers: Lavender Lace, Taken With Teal, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor, Penny Lane (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Jet Black Staz-On, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum, Not Quite Navy, Taken With Teal, Wild Wasabi, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: aquapainter, scissors, dimensionals, nesties, big shot, sewing machine, mat pack, paper piercer, rhinestones

5 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Mercy, this is just adorable!! Love the happy colors and your beautiful coloring too!! Charming!

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Awww, this is such a gorgeous and bright card. Hugs Val xxx

Crystal said...

SOOOO SWEET Mercy, fabulous job with the sketch...!!! Great image and fun fun colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Mercy this is darling. Thanks for the wonderful sketch.

kadie said...

This is beautiful, Mercy! I love the stitching!