Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

...On The 3rd Day of Sketches

This is my sample for the 12 Days of Sketches-Sketch 3 at The Greeting Farm Blog. I used "Flutter Anya" along with some of my Bloom & Grow patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. I matched up the image with a sentiment from Verve's set "Artful Elegance". I watercolored the image, cut it out, then attached it to the focal panel with Dimensionals. I pierced the flower patterned paper layer with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, then added a piece of Tangerine Tango Striped Ribbon around the striped and flower panels. I used a Ghost Flower from Heidi Swapp to create the sentiment panel along with a Circle and Butterfly Punch. I gave her wings some *sparkle* by adding some Stickles to complete the card.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by to see me, and I will see you back here tomorrow with a sample for Sketch Four and my Tuesday Sketch Challenge! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps: Flutter Anya (The Greeting Farm), Artful Elegance (Verve)
Papers: Tangerine Tango, Garden Green, Watercolor, Bloom & Grow DP (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Basic Black Craft, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Dusty Durango, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Accessories: aquapainter, clear ep, heat gun, mat pack, paper piercer, nesties, big shot, dimensionals, scissors, ribbon, ghost flower, circle punch, sponge dauber, butterfly punch, rhinestone, stickles

13 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Mercy, this is so freakin' adorable! Gorgeous coloring!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a little cutie Mercy, love your coloring.

Peggy said...

Super cute card Mercy! Love the WARM and fun colors on this one!

Barbara said...

Fabulous, Mercy!! Cute, cute, cute image and I love your colors!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO adorable...has to be one of my FAVE cards from you to date! I ADORE the way you colored flutter, the whole color combo is AWESOME, and that flower w/ the sentiment and little b-fly is OVER the top ADORABLE! LOVE IT!

Cheryl Walker said...

Mercy this is DARLING!!! Love all the details hun, and your sweet Anya!!!! Super cute!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Christi Flores said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!

kadie said...

You always have the best ideas and come up with the best sketches too!! I adore this card!

Danni said...

What a fabulous card! I love the colors you used...just fabulous!

Marisa said...

Love the sparkle on the wings and the clear flower with the sentiment in the middle. Fabulous DPs and card!

Anonymous said...

oh my WORD!! I love the these colors and the flower with the sentiment is just darn cute!! LOVE it!

WickedPixie said...

OMGoodness, Mercy, this is SO cute!! Love those colors and that is some of my fave paper and I love that image!! LOVE what you did with the sentiment and the clear flower!! :-)Traci

Robin McK said...

This is gorgeous Mercy! The colours are sooo nice!