Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

...Crazy 4 Treat Containers

Happy Saturday, everyone! It's time for another challenge from our Crazy Girls! We are simply loving the challenges that have been posted this month by our fellow team member, Joanne Grzelak...and this week's is no different! Our submissions today will be utilizing Treat Containers of all kinds...wanna see mine?

I created a sweet and simple treat bag for my Homemade Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies! I started with a Glassine Bag, then stamped the small snowflake from Verve's "Christmas in the Air" set in Bermuda Bay Ink. I folded the top of the bag over once, then used my Janome Sewing Machine to seal the fold. The sentiment (from the same Verve set) was stamped in Jet Black Staz-On Ink onto a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock.

I created the snowflake accent by cutting some Whisper White Cardstock with my Spellbinders' Create A Flake One Nestabilities Dies and my Big Shot. I left the papers in the dies after they were cut, then sponged some Bermuda Bay Ink onto the exposed surfaces using a Sponge Dauber. The pieces were removed from the dies, Mono Multi Liquid Glue was added to the sponged portions, then some Chunky Glitter was added for some sparkle.

I layered the snowflake using several Dimensionals, then added a Button and Silver Cording to the top using Mini Glue Dots. A piece of Bermuda Bay Dotted Ribbon was tied around the top of the bag, and the snowflake was attached to it using more Mini Glue Dots.
Now let's see what the rest of the ladies have in store for you today:
That's it for today...thanks for stopping by! It's your turn to create your very own treat container, and share it with us. Be sure to add your creation to Mister Linky back at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog post...we can't wait to see what you come up with! Until later...
Supplies
Stamps: Christmas in the Air (Verve)
Papers: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Inks: Jet Black Staz-On, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: homemade cookies, treat bags, create a flake one nesties, big shot, sponge dauber, multi liquid glue, glitter, silver cording, button, ribbon, sewing machine, mini glue dots, dimensionals, mono adhesive

19 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous treat bag Mercy

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey Mercy love your snowflakes, just BEAUTIFUL!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...wow....wow....I am loving the BB colors with the snowflakes....and the snowflake itself is just a beauty....wow

Merry Christmas!!!

Barbara said...

Oh, my word!! This is simply gorgeous, Mercy!!! I LOVE those snowflakes!!!

Robin McK said...

You did a FABULOUS job on this project! Love your snowflake emellishment!

Vicki G said...

Ohh wish those CC Cookies were making their way to me........lol!!! I love your treat packaging! It's the prettiest!!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Mercy!

Hugs and Love

Vicki

Jodi Collins said...

This is FAB Mercy! LOOOOOVE the colors and that layered snowflake!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Love this! That bag is so pretty and your snowflake embellishment is just GORGEOUS my friend!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a gorgeous treat bag! The snowflake and the color is so pretty. :)

Danni said...

So pretty!!

Silke Ledlow said...

YUMMY - this is sooooo beautiful Mercy!!! Love this idea!!!

Happy Holidays my sweet friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh Mercy you had me at TRIPLE chocolate chip cookies...this is fantastic!!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, Mercy, I LOVE this! Such a striking presentation! TFS!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

treats treats treats, you girls are killing me here! But Mercy me... Check out that snowflake!!! Can we say Gorgeous? This is such a cute treat bag....
Big Hugs
Lynda

Lisa H. said...

such wonderful colors! just gorgeous and so well done!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous treat bad, Mercy! I wouldn't want to open it...hehe! That snowflake you created is BEAUTIFUL!

Simone said...

Wow, Mercy, what a gorgeous bag you have made!!! Just wonderful! I love the snowflake and the sentiment.
I wish you a Merry Christmas!
Simone

WickedPixie said...

Mercy, instead of saying CAS I think it should be CEB (Clean, Elegant and Beautiful) I actually hate that term CAS because for me there is nothing Simple about that gorgoeus style (that I CAN"T do!!) Anyway, what I am trying to say is I love your beautiful creation! :-)Traci

Unknown said...

Too cute Mercy! I LOVE the colors and your snowflakes are so pretty!