Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

...A Sketch & Color Challenge Card

It has been so long since I've completed a challenge that I was afraid I had forgotten how it all worked! I wanted to combine this week's Color Challenge #189 with this week's Sketch Challenge #199...and this was what emerged. I used the Stampin' Up! Level Two Hostess Set, "Fall Flair" with the following color combination: Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip. I also used the "Canvas" background stamp to add some texture to my pink side panel, and then added some faux stitching to both of the lower panels (using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker)to add some distressing. The white cardstock on the focal panel was actually some of the Whisper White Textured Cardstock. The blossoms were watercolored with an Aquapainter, then the centers were covered with some Baby Pink Glitter for some much needed *sparkle*. The sentiment was from the word set "Absolutely Fabulous".

Supplies
Stamps: Fall Flair, Canvas, Absolutely Fabulous
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Watercolor
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Jet Black Staz-On
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, scissors, marker, glitter, sponges, stamp-a-ma-jig, image sheet, dimensionals


That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by on the gorgeous Wednesday evening, and I will see you all again tomorrow. Until then...










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card for the combined challenge, Mercy! Love the faux stitching!

Juliana said...

Beautiful card!!!
I love the way you used the colors--and the touch of sparkle on the flowers!!