Saturday, May 24, 2008

...Limited Supplies Challenge #169...Finally!

This is my submission for yesterday's Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS. The rules were as follows: NO HARDWARE!!!! Can you believe it? Jen really hit me where it hurts this time! I love, love, love brads and Hodgepodge if you couldn't tell! So seeing as how I can't use any of my precious hardware I decided to use some stamps and rhinestones instead. All of the images used for this project are from the stamp set "Always". I started with a card base of Basic Black Cardstock that measures 11 X 4-1/4. The next layer up was a piece of White Glittered Cardstock that measures 5-3/8 X 4-1/8. The large red panel consisted of Basic Black Cardstock (3-7/8 X 2-5/8) and Real Red Cardstock (3-13/16 X 2-9/16) that was stamped in Ruby Red Classic Ink with one of the flowers from the set. After the two cardstock pieces were attached to each other using SNAIL Adhesive, all four of the edges were faux stitched using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.

The focal panel was also made up of Basic Black Cardstock (3-1/4 X 2-1/16) and Real Red Cardstock (3-1/8 X 2) with the addition of Whisper White Cardstock (2-15/16 X 1-7/8). The bird from the set was stamped twice in Real Red Classic Ink; one time on the focal panel, and again on a scrap piece of white cardstock. The bird from the scrap piece was cut out using CutterBee Scissor, then placed over the bird on the focal panel using Dimensionals. A scrap piece of Translucent Vellum was punched with the 3/16" Corner Rounder to create a scalloped edge, and the embossed dots were made using the Crop-a-Dile. The completed panel was then attached to the card base using Dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock in Jet Black Staz-On Ink, punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch, and matted onto a Basic Black Cardstock circle that had been punched out using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. The same flower used on the side panel was stamped again onto a scrap piece of red cardstock, and punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch. The flower circle was then added to the center of the "a" in the sentiment using a Dimensional, and the completed sentiment was attached to the card base using Dimensionals once again. To finish off the card Black KaiserScrapbook Rhinstones were added to the bird and the the center of the sentiment.

That's it for today! I'll see you back here tomorrow with a creation for the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS. Until then.......


Marie said...

This is stunning! I love the layout and the scallops along the edge of the image.

Debbie Olson said...

Just beautiful, Mercy! I love the bird in red! One of these days I'm going to order this set. . . :-)