Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

...Double Challenge Card (GSG Featured Stamper #4 & Inspiration Challenge #129)

This is my submission for a couple of challenges: this weeks GSG Featured Stamper Challenge, and today's Inspiration Challenge at SCS. Let me tackle each challenge one at a time beginning with the one at the GSG blog. This weeks lucky recipient is Ms. Lisa Henke, aka lisahenke. She is one talented lady with one beautiful smile! You can see her SCS gallery HERE, and you can check out her blog HERE. I chose to case THIS CARD of Lisa's making a few changes to make it my own style. These changes include color, designer paper, and stamp set.

For the Inspiration Challenge: The inspirational pieces from an F. Schumaker & Co. advertisement can be seen HERE and HERE. There were three pieces to choose from, but I wanted to combine the two with all of the reds, pinks, and greens...don't these colors just scream my name?!? Anywho...onto the card!

I started with a card base of Wild Wasabi Textured Cardstock (11 X 4-1/4), and when folded opens at the right. The next layer up consisted of Rose Red Cardstock (5-1/2 X 2-1/4), and a striped paper from BasicGrey's Stella Ruby 6X6 Paper Pad (5-1/2 X 2-1/8). The focal panel consisted of the following: Whisper White Cardstock (3-9/16 X 2-3/8), So Saffron Cardstock (3-11/16 X 2-1/2), and Rose Red Cardstock (3-13/16 X 2-5/8). The white cardstock was stamped with the flourish from "Brocade Basics" in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, then the flowers from the same set were stamped onto a scrap piece of white cardstock in Rose Red Classic Ink. The flowers were cut out using CutterBee Scissors then placed at the end of their appropriate stems using Dimensionals to pop them up a bit. I used the 1/4" Circle Punch to punch a scrap piece of the wasabi textured cardstock, then place a Clear Acrylic Bubble over the tops of each textured circle to create the flower centers. The sentiment is actually from the Urban West Rub Ons Pack, and was mounted onto the following to make the completed panel: Wild Wasabi Textured Cardstock (2-3/8 X 3/4), So Saffrom Cardstock (2-1/4 X 7/8), and Rose Red cardstock (2-5/8 X 1).

That's it for today, but I have to work on a card for yesterday's Limited Supplies Challenge some time today! If I finish it early I will post it, but if I don't I will post it with Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge card. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I will see you all later!

5 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

So pretty, Mercy!! I love it!

Lisa H. said...

I love it! man, I think I need to get that set. I love the colors you used and think your flowers are so cool. Thanks for casing me, it has been an honor.

Marie said...

I just found your blog and it's going into my Google Reader NOW!!! Love your stuff.

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and how you did the "a"! Fabulous!

Becky Carafa said...

Stunning, Mercy! This is so cool, and I love the clear bubbles!