Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Will Miss Mixed Bouquet!


I sure will miss this set! I have made so many cards using this set that it was hard to decide on one that I had already made...so I made another one! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! If you are trying to narrow your floral stamp set choices down, you can't forget this one. I also suggest Petal Prints...both are as versatile as they come. I have made several elegant and "girly" cards for women, but I've also made very masculine cards with the same set. I can't wait to see what the next Spring-Summer catalog (and mini catalog) will have in it! I wanted to make an antiqued-looking card, so I used Mixed Bouquet, French Script BG, and Canvas BG stamps. This card utilized the following colors of cardstock: close to cocoa, brocade blue, certainly celery, and very vanilla. I used close to cocoa, brocade blue, certainly celery, chocolate chip, and versamark inks. You can't really tell from the photo, but the flowers and petals are stamped chocolate chip and certainly celery; then they are stamped again using the versamark ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder. The effect was just what I wanted considering I didn't have chocolate or celery embossing powders. All of the colored layers are sponged with chocolate chip: the main image (on the vanilla) is sponged around the edges in cocoa also. Brads and some chocolate grosgrain finish off the card.

Who has gotten their mini catalog for fall-winter already? Do you not love the sets that are in it?!? I've noticed that the prices have gone up a little on everything. The new punch box is $45 now, and the cardstock, ink pads, and refills have increased also. But those new in-colors are TO DIE FOR whether you have to pay a little extra or not. Don't freak out, though...just think of the money you'll save in taxes ordering from someone who lives in Georgia and not in Tennessee (9.25% down to 7%-don't ya just love it?). I will be paying for my starter kit next week, so be ready for some news coming your way via e-mail and this blog pretty soon. I'm just counting the days until I get all my new goodies. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in having a home demonstration, please let me know. I would like to be able to do one a month in addition to my monthly club at Fort Oglethorpe United Methodist Church.


Well, it's time to lounge around with the hubby for a bit...so I'll talk to all again tomorrow!

No comments: