Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

…Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch Challenge #85 (MTSC85)

Hello, everyone!  This is the beginning of a new month, and it is time to welcome a new Guest Muse.  But before we get to that, I wanted to thank Peggy McCurry for being such a wonderfully talented addition to the Muses last month.  Week after week she produced gorgeous and inspiring creations.  Thanks for all of your hard work and your friendship, Peggy…we’ll miss you!

I would like to introduce you to our Guest Muse for August, Angela Thomas of Sparkle and Bling!

angela_thomas_pic

Let's get to know a little bit about Angela in her own words:

Hi there!!! Can I just say how excited I am to be Mercy’s Guest Muse this month??? I’m playing with some of the most amazing stampers out there!!! I’ve been stamping for about 4 years now after attending a Stampin’ Up party and then convincing my best friend, Kim Teasdale that we needed to make my wedding invitations. I never thought that my obsession with stamps, designer paper, ribbon and all things with “Sparkle and Bling” would turn into becoming a member of a couple design teams. I’ve met some of the most amazing people through cardmaking and love being able to share my creativity with others. I’m looking forward to spending this month creating alongside some of my stamping idols!!

Now for this week’s Tuesday Sketch Challenge #85:

MTSC85

My Sample (using “Bee Happy” by There She Goes):

card_1414

Angela Thomas’s Sample:

mtsc85_angela_thomas

Now let’s see what the Muses have in store for us today:

Now it's your turn! Create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and add your creation using the InLinkz linking system below.  Be sure to use the keyword MTSC85 when uploading to a public gallery.  Be sure that your link works before you leave the sketch post, and I will post “Mercy’s Magnificent Musings” on Sunday!

Happy Stamping!

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Welcome to Angela!! Love both your FUN and COLORFUL cards, so SWEET!

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats, Angela! You know I love your stuff! Looking forward to seeing your samples this month!
Great looking sketch, Mercy! I hope to play along this evening, in between laundry and packing for vacation...hehe...shhhhhhh don't tell my family ;)

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous samples from both of you! So bright and fun!

Karen Motz said...

Yet another fun sketch to occupy my stamping time!!! Sweetie, it was SO great to meet you at CHA. I could listen to you talk all day long, you're so adorable!!!!! Hugs!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS sketch and samples Miss Mercy!!! I {heart} Angela and all she does!!

K. Joy said...

Your bee card is adorable!! So cute. :) I love the balloon buttons on Angela's card too. Thanks for the sketch!! It came together quickly! :)

Kelly Booth said...

Both cards are just Awesome Mercy....Love the Bright colors!!

Angela Thomas said...

I'm so excited to be playing along with the Muses this month!!! You all rock and the inspiration each week is awesome!

Pam Speidel said...

Such cute and colorful creations! Welcome Angela...so happy to have you join us for August!! Smiles, Pam :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how FUN! I SO need this stamp set :) Thank you for yet another awesome week!!

Peggy said...

Both of the cards are just adorable!! Congrats Angela!

Karen Giron said...

Yay, I got to play along this week!! I just can't read your blog in my voice any longer - I've gotta drawl it out :D Loved meeting you, sweetie!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome sketch, and the samples are awesome!! Love them!!

Susan Hogan said...

Love those colours in your card. It looks so bright and fun!

Jodi said...

This was a fun one to work with... Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica G. said...

Congratulations to Angela and hurray for another awesome, verstatile sketch!