Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #42

Don't forget to enter to win some yummy BLOG CANDY at THIS post {be sure to read the "rules" also}

Happy Tuesday, everyone! You know what that means...it's time for another Tuesday Sketch Challenge, but this week I have a very special treat for you all! As you already know, each month I am be featuring a "Guest Muse" who will be creating a sample for each of the sketches during his/her month. This month's lucky guest is none other than my friend and fellow-Georgian, Silke Ledlow from "My Life"!


Here are a few things you may want to know about Silke from the lady herself:

"Hi everyone!!! My name is Silke Ledlow, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia close to Savannah. I'm married to my wonderful husband, Jerry, and we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past summer. We have three beautiful daughters, Sarah 11, Rebecca 8, and our little Miriam is almost 5. Last year we added a boxer puppy *Luke* to our family. I started stamping in 2001, and was pretty much hooked immediately. Shortly after I started my own blog *My Life*, and participated in the SCS Challenges. I have been extremely blessed to serve on several different Design Teams over the last 1-1/2 yrs. When I am not stamping, I enjoy reading, shopping, and hanging out with my friends and family. I'm so thrilled that Mercy has asked me to be her *October Muse* since this is my birth-month, and hanging out will all these fabulous ladies makes it just extra special for me !!!Thank you Mercy for asking me, and I'm looking forward playing along with you all!!! Hugs ~S~"

Now for this week's Tuesday Sketch #42 :

My Sample :
Silke Ledlow's Sample :

You will notice that one Muse is missing this week. Our precious Shannan is in the hospital battling a kidney stone, and is under observation to determine whether surgery is needed or not. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she is in horrible pain, and the medicine has done very little to ease her discomfort. We love you and miss you, Shannan!

Now let's see what the other Muses have created for our viewing pleasure today:

Now it's your turn! Create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation below in Mister Linky. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC42 when uploading to a public gallery. I will be checking out each submission, so don't be surprised if I contact you about being a guest designer for an entire month of Tuesdays! I also have another surprise for you all...one lucky participant this week will win the Up, Up And Away stamp set from Verve! We will announce the random winner along with next Tuesday's Sketch Challenge.

Good Luck & Happy Stamping!


43 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

YAY!!! What an excellent choice!!! Silke totally ROCKS!!! :)

Kathy Jones said...

I was so excited over Silke I hadn't even read the rest of the post. Poor Shannan!!! My thoughts and prayers will be with her - horrible, painful things kidney stones! :(

Lisa H. said...

great choice on this month's Muse! LOVe your card, Mercy and thanks for another fabulous sketch (I love giant circle!)

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is so pretty Mercy, love that you turned the sketch. I can't see Silke's.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that Shannan is in the hospital! I hope they figure it all out soon for her!
Thinking of her and sending big hugs her way!

Congrats to Silke!! I love her work!

Fabulous sketch, as always :)
I can't wait to play along again this week!! I'll squeeze it in tonight, for sure!

Julie said...

Beautiful sample, Mercy! I love the pretty colors and that set. Great pick with Silke too...she rocks! :)

Elena said...

Amazing sketch and gorgeous cards! So glad to see Silke as a Guest Muse! Love her work too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning sunshine :)!!! Thank you again so much for allowing me to be your October Muse!!!

Love your sketch challenges and this one was another fun one!!!

Your card turned out GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful and elegant colors!!! Love how you flipped the Sketch and all this awesome piercing!!!

Have a great day!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Silke card is so pretty. Awesome work.

Anonymous said...

MErcy, love how you flipped the sketch! Loved the sketch this week -but then I ALWAYS do!!:)

Maureen said...

it's a super busy week for me but I may just have to stay up late one night and play along...this is such a fabulous sketch, Mercy!! Thanks for inspiring (and wanting me to trade stamping for sleep!) LOL

Jessica Diedrich said...

So glad to see Silke's beautiful work on your blog! She is one talented chick! Love your card, too Mercy-and you KNOW I love that you flipped the sketch, LOL!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great sketch and great choice for the guest muse! Silke's blog is one I follow daily as I admire her style of cards and unending talent!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Silke is one FABULOUS choice. Her work is so stunning! I look forward to seeing what she does.

Meanwhile, I love your sketches! This card was fast (15 min) cause I am suppose to be going to work!

Thanks for doing these sketches Mercy! It saves me so much time!!

Carol L said...

So sorry about Shannan's kidney stones.....been there/done that.....it's no picnic :(
So delighted for Silke on the other hand!!! Her work is always amazing!! I'm glad I finally made time to play along with one of your great sketch challenges!!!

Jacqueline said...

Wonderful cards!! Excellent choice in Silke! Love this sketch! I love playing along! Thanks!
Hope shannan feels better soon!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Congrats Silke!! Both your samples are AMAZING, and I LOVE the sketch!! I am playing, I swear!!LOL!! BTW, I miss you!!MWAHHH!!

dj said...

what a fun sketch--this is my first time playing along. I found you through my good friend Wanda. Maybe I will get lucky and be the newbie winner!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Mercy me! I just linked this week's sketch to last week's sketch, so this is my second go. Sorry! I loved working with this sketch and I am so excited that Silke is your must this month! Looking forward to more...

Janet, said...

Great sketch, thanks for giving us a change to win your Blog Candy. Looking forward to next week's sketch.
Janet

Giovana said...

Wonderful sketch!! and creations. Congrat Silke!! You Rock girl.

God bless
Giovana

Danni said...

Awesome sketch, awesome guest and awesome samples!

Kathy Jones said...

Such a fun sketch (and I actually linked it right this time - sorry about that Mercy!!).

Jodi Collins said...

Another AWESOME sketch and GORGEOUS samples from the Muses! I LOVE Silke! SO excited to see she is your guest!!!

Christi Flores said...

Poor Shannan! I will definitely keep her in my thoughts. Wonderful sketch and I LOVE those samples!!

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful samples! I hope I have time to play. :)

Trish D said...

Fun sketch (it's been a while since I've played along!) and lovely samples, as always.

Pam Speidel said...

WOW!!! Another SUPER week Mercy! Loved working with the sketch and I'm amazed at all the FABULOUS creations!! Especially love the colors you've used and the way you turned it and placed the sentiment. Beautiful! It's a JOY to be one of you "Muses"!! :D

Donna Marie said...

Love your sketches Mercy!!
I am having so much fun!!
Your cards are very inspiring :-)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

First and foremost - Shannan, my thoughts are with you girl!
Mercy, thanks for another beautiful sketch - I've got two submissions, but the second one is quite a free take on the challenge ;)
And what an awesome idea to have Silke as this month's guest, her cards are stunning!

TannyP said...

Oh no! I hope Shannan's alright!

Beautiful pair of cards, ladies - these are stunning.

Thanks for another awesome challenge, Mercy!

Pam Varnell said...

Yours and Silke's card are just adorable. Loved the sketch this week. They are always awesome. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for a fun sketch mercy!!

Karen Motz said...

Another fabulous sketch Mercy, and your samples are beautiful! Thanks for the challenge!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I don't participate in a lot of sketch challenges but this really caught my eye. I can myself using this one often. Thanks!

Denimo said...

Great sketch as usually Mercy! The big news... I finally got my blog up and running! YAY!!
THANKS!
Denise

Rhonda said...

Mercy, I'm so excited that I found your blog. Your work is wonderful.

Mary Marsh said...

another great sketch and I finally had the chance to play along today. your sample was so pretty

Jackie said...

Good morning all, beautiful samples yet again.
I have entered my offering into Mr Linky, good luck everyone :o)
Jackie xx

Barbara said...

Last minute again!!! Fun sketch, Mercy!!

Tameko said...

Great Sketch. Got me out of my comfort zone!

Peggy said...

Thanks Mercy for another fabulous sketch!!

Kathie Bailey said...

Running late this week, phew! Another great sketch Mercy.

Sending hugs to Shannan, hope she's on the mend soon.