Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #41 (MTSC41)

Happy Tuesday, everyone! It's time for another sketch challenge...are you ready for it? This post will be a bit longer than normal, because I am previewing one of the new stamp sets from The Greeting Farm (TGF) that will be coming out on October 1st. I will show Suzy's sample first this week, then add the details concerning TGF below my sample. Please be sure to read all the way down, because I will be linking the TGF design team with my card...but the Muses will be linked further down.

Here's this week's Tuesday Sketch #41:

Suzy's Sample:

My Sample:This is my preview for the new stamp set, Keep Cozy, from The Greeting Farm. This set has three of the cutest snowmen you have ever seen, and several sentiments to boot! I watercolored one of the snowmen, then used the snowflake image from the set to create my very own coordinating patterned paper. I combined Kraft Cardstock, Rose Red Cardstock, Baja Breeze Cardstock, and some patterned paper from the Signature Christmas paper pad from My Mind's Eye. I added stitching, piercing, stickles, a felt snowflake, a button, and a bit of "punchiness" with a Martha Stewart border punch. Would you like to see more previews of this set, or even one of the other sets being released? If so, you'll want to run by the other design members' blogs and check them out:

Now I know the Muses are excited about sharing their sketch samples with you, so let's see what they have in store for you (be sure to click on Jessica's and Cindy's links above):

And now it's your turn! Create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation below in Mister Linky. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC41 when uploading to a public gallery. I will be checking out and commenting on every submission, so don't be surprised if I contact you about being a guest designer for an entire month of Tuesdays!

Happy Stamping!!!


41 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Suzy's card is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Your card is ADORABLE, Mercy!!! I just love the sketch this week!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee love your snowman, funny out of the 3 snowmen we picked the same one. Love Suzy's card too, thanks for the fun sketch.

Thanh Vo said...

My first time playing with one of your sketches (linked from Pam's blog). Thanks so much for the fun sketch.

Jacqueline said...

Great sketch!!! Love it! HAD to play along :) mine is linked above and will also be on my blog in the AM. Thanks!!

LILY said...

Did not think I missed the challenge last week @ @
I admire you a good, often follow other people's challenges, as well as their own, and the cards are very good-looking ^ ^

Julie said...

Oh these samples are fantastic!! I love both of them! Can't wait to see more of that adorable little snowman! Cute sentiment too! :) Thanks for another great sketch this week!

Lisa H. said...

GREAT sketch Mercy! gotta try this one. thanks for the inspiration! your card is just darling!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my, Suzy's card is beautiful!

Your snowman card is adorable! Can't wait to play along with your sketch after I finish my volunteer stuff at the school!

kadie said...

Oooooo, Mercy, I LOVE these!! Your keep cozy card is PERFECT!! I love everything about it!

Kristin Eberline said...

Ooohhh....LOVE LOVE LOVE the sketch this week! I love all your sketches but this one is so unique with that change in the size :O) LOVE it!

Both of your cards are adorable! Love how you stitched onto the ribbon...

Sorry I didn't get to use last week's sketch yet. I still plan to, but this one might jump ahead in my imaginary "line up" :O)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this long card sketch, Mercy...it will be one I use over and over! The samples were a great inspiration, too!

Tammy said...

Great Cards!

Sandra MacLean said...

Cute, cute cute Mercy!! Great job showcasing the snowmen!

Sandra MacLean said...

Cute, cute cute Mercy!! Great job showcasing the snowmen!

anya said...

Ooh now this should be a challenging sketch! Love your samples and can't wait to play along!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very cute!!! I love the keep cozy card you designed and the sketch yoou used!!! Awesome job:)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - totally cute card - Mercy!!! The snowman is too cute!!!

Susy's card looks beautiful too!!!

Awesome sketch - GF!!! Trying to play again this week :) Hugs ~S~

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO stinkin' cute! LOVE your preview and this was an awesome sketch for it, miss Mercy! Awesome work!

Betty Wright said...

Another fabulous sketch, Mercy!!! Wonderful samples!!!

Mary Giles said...

Very cute TGF preview Mercy! I love the colors and they compliment your sketch so beautifully. Congrats on making Gardener. You are going to have soooo much fun.

Lynda Nielsen said...

OH Mercy... Your snowman card is absolutely Fabulous! I can almost feel the snow falling already, LOL... No wait, that was the rain I was feeling as I sat through a drizzling soccer game! LOL Never mind, but yes that card is awesome! =)
Lynda

Vicki Dutcher said...

My submission might be a little to modified, but its close! For some reason I struggled with this sketch! Might be the length of card...Out of my comfort zone! So, thanks for the REAL challenge Mercy!!

I look forward to Tuesdays!

Torico said...

Wow! Another great sketch Mercy! Of course, I'll try it!

Well, I e-mailed you the day befor yesterday. Have you received it? If not, please let me know about it in the comment section on my blog.

torico XX

Jodi Collins said...

Fab sketch Miss Mercy! Thanks so much! LOVE all the samples!!

Pam Speidel said...

Thank U Mercy for another super duper sketch! Love your cute little snowman card...it just SPARKLES with happiness! :)

Danni said...

Another awesome sketch! Love your card too, so cute!

Sammi said...

lovely sketch .. what an adorable snowman - you've used him perfectly!

Pam Varnell said...

Wow, both of these cards are just gorgeous!! Suzy's card is such an elegant and beautiful fall card. Your's is freakin cute. I LOVE that new little snowman. Can't wait to get him!!!

Hugs!

WickedPixie said...

Thanks for another great sketch! It was really helpful with this card because I knew what image and papers I wanted to use, but had no ideas for the layout!! Thnak you! :-)Traci

Gretchen said...

Super cute snowman Mercy and Suzy's card is gorgeous as well! Love your sketches!

Callie said...

Such a great set... love your card, and that image! Hoping I get a chance to play along with this one!! :-) Please come join us at Doodle Street... a new challenge blog with some great fun ladies to boot! All the details are on my blog today!!

mudmaven said...

Very fun sketch this week. ~chris

C said...

I LOVE this sketch, Mercy and what awesome eye candy everyone has created with it. Thanks again!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Your cards are so gorgeous as always!! Thank you for another great sketch too!

TannyP said...

How is it that each one of your cards is more beautiful than the last?! Amazing as always. Thanks for another awesome sketch!

Giovana said...

Wonderful sketch! I just posted my card.
God bless
Giovana

Heather P. said...

What a super cute sketch, and the sample is adorable!

shulsart said...

Thanks for the blog visit and the nice comments. This was the perfect sketch for the image I colored, thank you so much. I had great fun creating my card. I love your snowman card, he is the sweetest.

Peggy said...

Wonderful sketch!
Love all the DT cards!!

Elena said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful sketch, Mercy!
I loved your snowman card! So cute!!! :)
All of the Muses did an amazing job!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the sketch, and I had a great time working it! Thanks Mercy!