Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #37 (MTSC37)

Happy Tuesday, everyone! You know what that means...it's time for another Tuesday Sketch Challenge, but this week I have a very special treat for you all! As you already know, each month I will be featuring a "Guest Muse who will be creating a sample for each of the sketches during his/her month. This month's lucky guest is none other than my friend and very computer savvy woman...Suzy Tyler, from "Inky Rubber".

Here are a few things you may want to know about Suzy from the lady herself:

"Wow! What an honor it is to be tapped to be the Guest Muse for September. I have been in love with Mercy’s sketches for a while now and cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with. I am relatively new to the stamping community. I fell head-over-heels in love with stamping the first time I put rubber to ink back in early 2007 at my first (and only) Stampin’ Up! workshop. For those of you who know me know that I don’t do anything half way. I jump in head first and keep going. After that first encounter with Stampin' Up!, I signed up to be a demonstrator and haven't looked back. I recently converted our spare bedroom into a stamp studio for all my stamping needs. When I’m not stamping, I work full time outside the home as the Administrative Manager for a local law enforcement agency here in North Texas and I also go to school part time. A friend recently asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I just laughed and said, “I want to be smart!” I have an Associate’s Degree in E-Commerce and I have a freelance Web Design/Development Company, but I’m working on that Bachelor’s Degree to go with it. My family consists of me and my husband, of almost 12 years, and my three fur babies; Pootie (canine), Baby (canine) and Pudge (feline)."
Now for this week's Tuesday Sketch #37:
My Sample :
Suzy Tyler's Sample:
I don't know about you, but these Muses have been inspiring me in ways I couldn't even imagine! To add to this talented lineup...we are welcoming a new Muse as well. Remember Shannan Teubner from last month? Well...she is stuck with us now, and she will be joining us every week as a permanent Muse...WHOOHOO! We love you, Shannan...welcome! Now let's go see what these lovely ladies have in store for us today:

Now it's your turn! Create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation below in Mister Linky. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC37 when uploading to a public gallery. I will be checking out each submission, so don't be surprised if I contact you about being a guest designer for an entire month of Tuesdays...I already have a list of future guests! I also have another surprise for you all...one lucky participant this week will win the Butterfly Wishes stamp set from The Greeting Farm ...designed by our very own, Jessica Diedrich. We will announce the random winner along with next Tuesday's Sketch Challenge.

Good Luck and Happy Stamping!

36 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Fabulous cards, both of them! Thanks for the warm welcome, Mercy! And yay for Suzy...you rock, sistah!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card ROCKS, Mercy!!! I just love it!!

Welcome to Suzy and her card is beautiful!!

Pam Varnell said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous. Congrats Suzy and welcome.

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOLY cuteness! Welcome to Suzy....her card is adorable! Mercy that purse card SO has my name on it girlfriend! WOWZA!

And welcome to Shannan too! This is a VERY exciting day for the muses!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love yours cards girls, love those purses!!

--Thanks for the fun sketch, I had fun with it.

Juliana said...

WOO HOO!!!
Suzy is GREAT!!! What a great choice, Mercy!
FABULOUS Cards and sketch, too!

Suzy Tyler said...

What GREAT cards so far, Mercy! This sketch was so much fun to do. Congrats Shannan for sticking with Mercy. She's such a great gal!

Looking forward to the rest of the month!

Julie said...

Oh wow! Absolutely gorgeous samples from both you and Suzy! Love them, Mercy!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Great sketch and thanks Mercy! You all have to read my blog on this card and see the article associated with it in Posh Magazine. Have a very blessed day ladies!

TannyP said...

Fabulous sketch, but what's truly amazing are the cards you & Suzy came up with...amazing work!!

Anonymous said...

oh love these cards- the purses are fabulous!! Too bad my kids tell me everytime I try to even look at a new purse that I have too many-lol

Kerri said...

Looks like a fabulous sketch, Mercy! Love your card with the Verve purses! Congrats on becoming Verve Diva!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great sketch, Mercy, and really love the samples for inspiration! After I took the picture of my card, I decided to rearrange the swirls...off to work I go. Great blog, BTW!

Linda said...

What a great sketch!! Just fabulous cards for inspiration....thank you.

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME sketch Mercy! LOVE the samples too!!! Thanks for another fun one! MWAH!

Pam Speidel said...

Oh My Mercy & Suzy! Your sketch cards are FABULOUS! As always, such a FUN sketch to work with! :)

Unknown said...

Love, love your card, Mercy! The purses are SO adorable!

Congrats to Suzy ~ beautiful card!

Elena said...

Very pretty sketch, Mercy! Love it!!
And your card is so very beautiful! Love the little purses!
Thank you for sharing your inspiration!

Dawn Easton said...

Great looking sketch, Mercy! I hope I can play Thursday(day off)!

Both the cards are wonderful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome Sketch and card - Mercy!!! This has been a crazy week and I hope I can play along....Hugs ~S~

Karen Giron said...

Wow Mercy, this is a Fab sketch and gorgeous card! I hope to find some time to play this week. :)

cvsequeira said...

Cheers to all of you!!!

Kathie Bailey said...

Inspirational samples this week! Thanks for another terrific sketch Mercy!

Peggy said...

I just love your card! And this sketch is awesome. I will use it many times over!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Hooray for Suzy and for Shannan! Love your multiple purse-onalities. :) Super fun sketch, Mercy.

Vanessa Middleton said...

Hi, ladies! I haven't had a chance to look at everyone's cards yet but I'm off to do that now :) This is the second ever challenge I've particated and the FIRST sketch challenge so I hope you like my card and would love to hear from you!

JulieA said...

What a great sketch! I had so much fun with it, that I made two cards! Thanks for the inspiration. Love the sample cards, too.

Helen Williams said...

Thanks for another great sketch. I loved using this sketch.

Linda said...

Love the circle elements on this one Mercy...thanks for the inspiration. Here's mine...
http://ahappyscramper.typepad.com/a_happy_scramperscrapbook/

mary marsh said...

great sketch-I finally had a chance to play - your card is so cute, mercy -loved the sentiment

Sankari W. said...

I am so excited I had a chance to play along - thanks so much for the great sketch Mercy!!! Both of your inspiration cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!! My card didn't exactly follow the precise sketch - but I tried :) Big hugs! AND hugeeeee thanks for the sweet birthday wishes Mercy - you are too sweet!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Renée said...

oooh, fab cards, both of them! I made one too and linked it:) thanks for another great sketch and awesome inspiration!

Anonymous said...

thanks for a fun sketch mercy, it's my first time playing and hopefully not my last!

Sharon said...

Hi,

I Love your cards. This is the first time I have joined in a challenge, hope to do many more.

Take Care
Sharon

Barbara said...

Another super fun sketch, Mercy!!!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Fun sketch. Awesome card! This is my first time playing. I will be back.