Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #33 (MTSC33)

Happy Tuesday, everyone! You know what that means...it's time for another Tuesday Sketch Challenge, but this week I have a very special treat for you all! Each month I will be featuring a "Guest Muse" who will be creating a sample for each of the sketches during his/her month, and this month's lucky guest is none other than my talented and funny friend...Shannon Teubner, from "Pink Tulle With Feathers and Sequins".

Here are a few things you may want to know about Shannan from the lady herself:
"Hi there! My name is Shannan, and I'm so honored to be Mercy's first Guest Muse! I started stamping in July 2006, when my girlfriend gave me a hand-stamped coaster as a gift. I thought, "Hey! What a great gift! I can make some!" My shoebox of supplies quickly spilled into the dining room, and it now fills my former office/piano room. I now refer to that gift as my "million dollar coaster." In addition to crafting, I am a HUGE music lover, especially musical theatre. I've been married to my husband, Josh, for 7 years. We met in 8th grade and have been best friends since, so we go waaaayyyy back! We live in North Texas with our 2 boys, ages 9 and 6, and our 4 (YES FOUR!) fur babies."
Now for this week's sketch...
My Sample...
Shannan's Sample...
I was simply stunned by the creations each and every one of my Muses created last week, so let's see what they have in store for us today:

Now it's your turn! Create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation below in Mr. Linky. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC33 when uploading to a public gallery. I will be checking out each submission, so don't be surprised if I contact you about being a guest designer for an entire month of Tuesdays!

Happy Stamping! :)

29 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I almost made a Christmas card, but just couldn't bring myself to do it!!! LOVE your card, Mercy!! Shannan's is awesome!! Love those Ketto's...

Cindy Haffner said...

Welcome Shannan!! Love both your cards,thanks for the fun sketch Mercy!!

Anonymous said...

awesome fun challenge Mercy thanks!

Michelle said...

What an awesome Christmas Card - love that you flipped the sketch. It's an awesome sketch!! I'm going to have to definitely try this one out! Shannan's card is so pretty - love the paper and image. Glad I stopped by Cindy's blog and saw this - I'm a huge sketch fan!

Unknown said...

Wow Mercy!! you've surpassed yourself with this card!! It's a stunner. Going to go away now and figure out how I can kidnap you and bring you over here for lessons.
Hugs Viv xx

Shannan Teubner said...

Your card is gorgeous, Mercy! Thanks so much for having me...you know I {heart} your sketches!! MWAH!

Julie said...

WOWSERS! Holy gorgeousness! I LOVE both of the samples! They are awesome! Thanks for another gorgeous sketch, and welcome Shannan! :)

Lynda Benden said...

Great cards girls!!! Yay Shannan!!!! Great sketch Mercy!

Anonymous said...

oooo I love how you flipped the sketch and did the ribbon! Beautiful christmas card!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fab Sketch - Mercy!!! I'll definitely will play along :)!!!

Your christmas card is beautiful!!! I like how you flipped the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Christi Flores said...

Awesome sketch Mercy and I LOVE Shannan!! We actually went to high school together and man is she an amazing talent! Love both of your samples!

Pam Speidel said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Mercy! I love the colors, the poinsettia, and how you've turned the sketch. What an awesome idea to invite Shannan to be the Guest Muse! Her card is just adorable and I really love the way she's gathered the ribbon under the image. I've got to try that!
Now, I'm off to see what stamptacular cards the other gals created this week!... :)

ChristineCreations said...

What a sweet pair of cards girls! And the sketch looks fantastic! I love to see you using your creativity with these great sketches again Mercy!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous cards!! Great looking sketch, Mercy! I hope to play along, maybe this evening after work! TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Awesome card, Mercy! And Shannan's one of my favorite peeps, you couldn't ask for a better guest! :) Loved the sketch!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Thanks for a fun sketch challenge!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mercy,
Thanks so much for your note. I'll definitely be playing along in future weeks...heading to the beach on Friday...but I'll be back.

Loved the challenge. I'm new to having my own blog and it's nice to be able to participate in these challenges. Keeps the creative juices flowing!

Lynn

Elena said...

Thank you very much for the inspiration and wonderful challenge!

Tina said...

Love the sketch!

WickedPixie said...

I love your sketches and your cards! Thanks so much!!

paige said...

I just discovered your blog - I'm in heaven! You are an awesome crafter! I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog on mine under the heading Blogs That Delight and Inspire. Your does both!

Denise Marzec said...

Fun sketch and AWESOME samples! I'm so glad your sketches are back!

Renée said...

Thanks for the awesome sketch, Mercy!

Barbara said...

I'm soooooo glad you're back!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I am sooooo glad you started doing sketch challenges again. Your blog is such an inspiration. I can't wait to drop by and see what's new.

Beverly G said...

Love that little girl on Shannon's sample.Will try not to be so late next time, slipping under the wire, I hope.

Kathie Bailey said...

I posted my link but I have to confess that it's not 100% true to the sketch. :-)

I loved the original, but my card refused to cooperate. They do have minds of their own,I swear!

~Leslee~ said...

Better late than never! I love this sketch (and all of them) and knew I had to use it for this card! Thanks for your inspiration Mercy!