Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

...Inspiration Challenge #182

This is my submission for today's Inspiration Challenge #182 at SCS...Book Cover Archive. I started with a Bashful Blue Cardstock base, then matted each additional layer with a combination of Bashful Blue Cardstock and Kraft Cardstock. The patterned papers were from the Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper pack, and the large striped panel was pierced with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. The flower from "Flower Fancy" was stamped onto Watercolor Color Paper in Basic Black Craft Ink, embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, then colored with an Aquapainter and Classic Ink Pads. The sentiment from "Thank You Kindly" was stamped in Basic Black Craft Ink {I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Image Sheet for placement} before it was embossed with Clear Embossing Powder also. I added a piece of Certainly Celery Poly-Twill Ribbon to finish off the card.

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you again tomorrow! I am in the midst of reading Eclipse {book three in the Twilight series}, but I hope to finish it later today, which will leave tomorrow open for stamping...WOOHOO! Until then...

6 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Girl, this card is just gorgeous and it fits this inspiration piece perfectly. Love all your special elements and the sketch is awesome. Great bow tieing too. I'm your #1 fan!! Love ya!

Marie said...

This is beautiful! I love how you translated something that I don't find particularly "beautiful" into such a lovely card! Great job taking that inspiration piece and making a fabulous hand-stamped piece of art!!

Lisa Brown said...

Great job on the challenge, Mercy! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Flippin' heck Mercy!!! I'm in awe of that totally clever shading, that had me looking umpteen times to spot another flower underneath, to account for that brilliant shadow! The whole card is just gorgeous and I love that DS paper.I'm going 'coz I'm babbling again! LOL
Hugs
Viv xx

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Mercy!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Mercy, I just LOVE the gorgeous design and beautiful watercoloring!

Hugs, Jennifer :)