Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...My MTSC28 Sample

This is my sample for today's sketch challenge, and I am not at all happy with it! I guess I am just frustrated, because my SU order that was supposed to arrive yesterday did not come in...and it is not going to be delivered until tomorrow. GRRRRR!!!! Anywho...I tried to work through the creative block, but it just didn't work. I worked on this ONE card all morning, but nothing really seemed to "sing" to me as it normally does. Most of the time when I am creating a card, I get to a certain point where I think, "Oh yeah...this is it!"...or even "Dang, I'm good!" ;) Needless to say, that did not occur today. I still don't know what it needs to make me happy. But I usually am my own worst critic, so I will let you all decide for me...what do you think?
That's it for today! I will TRY to create a couple of cards tomorrow...an SCS Color Challenge/Sketch Challenge combo, and a Mojo Monday #71 card. Wish me luck! LOL! Until then...GO PLAY ALONG WITH THIS WEEK'S SKETCH CHALLENGE!

Supplies
Stamps: Together Forever, Short & Sweet, Frames with a Flourish
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze Designer Series Papers
Inks: Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, Baja Breeze Classic Ink
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, pearls, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, scissors, aquapainter, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder, heat gun, textile texture cuttlebug embossing folder, big shot, 1/4" circle punch, SAMJ, image sheet

23 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Oh girlfriend, you have definitely not lost your mojo and I'm not sure why you are disappointed in this card. It's BEAUTIFUL!! Love what you did with the sketch.

Holly Young said...

well I love it. I know it's upsetting though that you didn't get your SU stuff. Your card is really pretty though!

Julie said...

This card ROCKS, Mercy!! It's absolutely beautiful, I love what you did with those flowers!! Very lovely and creative.

Anonymous said...

I thought your card is very pretty! I loved the colors you used! I do feel your pain on not receiving your su items.
Brenda

mudmaven said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the soft colors and you have really done justice to this stamp set too! ~chris

Teresa Brooks said...

Your card is gorgeous just as it is. Doesn't need anything else.

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh goodness...sorry you didn't get your SU! goodies! I always get bummed when they don't come when they are supposed to :(
The card you created today is gorgeous...love the Baja and Choc chip!

Marisa said...

Sorry your goodies didn't arrive :( Hope they come tomorrow so you get some "happy mail" to be able to play with. Love the colour combo here and the little flowers with the pearls are lovely along.

Anonymous said...

I think your card is very pretty. Glad you posted it. Sorry your didn't get your order, but hopefully tomorrow.
scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

NoraAnne said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors :)

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Mercy -
The only thing I can think of is some very light dots or something under the flowers on the focal white card. It may be the blankness offset from the textured white rectangle that's bugging your "eye". Lovely card either way.

Thanks for the honest share.

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful too. Funny how we are always our own worst critic!

Elena said...

I think this card is beautiful! You are just to hard to yourself!
Hope that you will get your happy mail soon!

Unknown said...

I too think it looks pretty the way it is.If you wanted to give it a slightly different look though you could color the frame that's around the sentiment. If you look at the card all the other layers have a dark mat,maybe that's something that is bugging you. Even though you are less than happy with this card I personally think all of your cards are awesome and I want to be like you some day :-)

LeAnne said...

I am with you on the SU order....took a long time to get my Valentine bundle. That being said, this card is beautiful==sometimes we look at something so long, it loses its freshness. Others see it in a new light! Love these colors!
I have left you an award on my blog for all your wonderful creations!
LeAnne
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Mercy, don't beat yourself up...this is a very pretty card. Put it up, forget about it, and then look at it in a few days. You'll see it with fresh eyes and appreciate it more.

Kathy Nolan

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think this card is beautiful. You always do fantastic work. I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing all your talent.

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

oooh, very sweet! I love the color combination :)

karen brannigan

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and your fancy touches! Super job!

Heather

Anonymous said...

I think it's really pretty! I love the layered flowers, the pearls and the colors you used. You can never go wrong with blues and browns together.

patti moffett said...

Mercy,
I found this card fascinating...the more I looked the more I saw. Your attention to detail is awesome. I have definitely copied this to put into my CASE files!!! It made me take another look at the Together Forever stamp set too.
You can send your lost Mojo over to my house anytime!!!
blessings
patti moffett