Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

...Featured Stamper #100

This is my submission for today's Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS. The lucky recipient of this honor was Julie Ebersole (aka JulieHRR at SCS). She has an awesome gallery, but I ultimately chose THIS CARD of hers to CASE. I kept the same layout and general look, but I made several changes to make it my own. I changed the following:

  • Colors
  • Stamps Sets
  • Sentiment Placement
  • Embellishments

I started with a Whisper White Cardstock base, then used Basic Black Cardstock for the base of the focal panel. The flowers were from the set "Season of Friendship", and they were stamped in the following colors on Whisper White Cardstock: Real Red Classic Ink, Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, and Only Orange Classic Ink. Each bloom was punched out using the 3/4" Circle Punch, then Silver Brads were placed in the center of each. The completed flowers were then popped onto a piece of Only Orange Cardstock using Dimensionals. The sentiment (from the set "Thank You Kindly") was stamped in Only Orange Craft Ink, then embossed with Orange Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. A piece of Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was tied around the card to finish it off. I used the Horizontal Slot Punch to punch a slit in the side of the focal panel to run the ribbon behind the panel so I wouldn't cover up the sentiment...love how this turned out!

That's it for today...cross my heart! I have to work on some of the projects for my clubs this week, so I will be pretty busy with those for the rest of the night. Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you all again tomorrow! Until then...

Supplies
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Thank You Kindly
Papers: Whisper White, Basic Black, Only Orange
Inks: Real Red Classic Ink, Tempting Turquoise Ink, Only Orange Classic Ink, Only Orange Craft Ink
Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, orange embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat gun, ribbon, brads, dimensionals, adhesive

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! I love your version of the case!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your blog! I LOVE it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Allison Barber

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Mercy, I love this card. I love that you did a white card base. That's so not Mercy Kerin and you pulled it off beautifully. The card is just stunning. You rock!!