Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

...Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #18 (MTSC18)

Here is your sketch for this week! You can keep it in its square proportions, or you can change it to standard A2 proportions. I needed to change it into an A2 in order to use the stamp image that I wanted. I like to make Christmas cards that have very non-traditional color combinations, so I used the following colors for this one: Gable Green, Night of Navy, and Riding Hood Red. I used "Home For Christmas" to create the sample today. It was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto Watercolor Paper, embossed with Black Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun, then watercolored with an Aquapainter and the following Stampin' Write Markers: Real Red, Green Galore, Close To Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Summer Sun, and Bordering Blue. I wanted to snow to glisten a bit, so I added some Crystal Stickles to the bush, the stoop, and the ground. The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy Classic Ink onto a piece of Textured Gable Green Cardstock that had been stamped in Gable Green Classic Ink with the "Canvas" background stamp first. The sentiment panel was pierced using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, then the sides were sponged in gable with a Sponge Dauber. The houndstooth paper is from the Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper pack. Three Navy Buttons and a piece of 5/8" Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon finish off this non-traditional Christmas card.

Here is another sample for you to drool over! It was created by my dear friend, Pam Varnell. You can get all of the card's details at her blog, The Stamping Addict. She has generously accepted my invitation to guest design each week for the sketch challenges. I may also call on a few more of you to make some guest appearances...so be prepared! Pam left her layout as a square card, and she nailed it! She also used the same color combination as I did, so you can see how versatile it can be...classy and fun! Thanks for the beautiful sample, Pam!


Here are the rules:

  • Create a card or scrapbook page using the sketch as your layout,
  • Use the keyword MTSC18 when posting in a public gallery,
  • Post a comment at this blog entry that contains a link to your creation,
  • Post a link back to the original sketch when posting on your blog,
  • Have fun!

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and give this sketch a try. Until later...






Supplies
Stamps: Home For Christmas, Canvas
Papers: Gable Green, Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, Holiday Treasures DSP, Watercolor
Inks: VersaMark, Gable Green, Night of Navy
Accessories: aquapainters, markers, black embossing powder, heat gun, sponge dauber, ribbon, buttons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous cards and the sketch looks like so much fun! :) TFS!

Crystal said...

I am sooo happy you are doing the sketches again!! Here is my card: http://stampbirr.typepad.com/stamper/2008/11/keep-warm-and-cozy.html
Thanks for the excuse to sneak in a little stampin'!!

Anonymous said...

Found your sketch through Crystal. So glad I did!! I hope to be back for more :).

Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1135730?cat=500&ppuser=154920

Jackie Pedro said...

Hey, Mercy! I told you I was going to work my way through all of your sketches! I used this sketch #18 for today's color challenge on SCS! You can check it out here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1201372?cat=500&ppuser=100666