Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

...Verve Day Thursday

I have decided to celebrate Thursdays by pulling out an playing with my Verve Visual stamps...so this is my first installment of "Verve Day Thursday". I used three different sets to make this card: "Fairy Tales", "Artful Elegance", and "Beautiful You". This color combo is far from my normal style, but I think they look quite elegant and chic together with the sets that were used. Each stamped portion was embossed to add a little dimension, and the sentiment was actually stamped and embossed on a scrap piece of vellum. It was then cut out, and placed on the focal panel using a little SNAIL Adhesive. I added some bling in the form of black and maize rhinestones, and added some 5/8" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon. I saw this particular ribbon treatment used by Amy Sheffer on THIS card, and I absolutely love the way it looked...so I had to use it, too! Thanks for the inspiration, Amy!

That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by on this beautiful Thursday. I am going to play with some of this week's challenges at Splitcoaststampers (SCS), so I will see you all tomorrow. Until then...



Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful You, Artful Elegance, Fairy Tales (All Verve Visual)
Papers: Taken With Teal, Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP, Vellum
Inks: Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black (All Craft Ink)
Accessories: rhinestones, clear embossing powder, heat gun, scissors, ribbon, dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, circle punches

No comments: