Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

...I Hate Emergency Rooms!

Where to begin? I spent my entire day Monday in emergency rooms. I had to take my youngest son to a local hospital that morning for severe pains on his right side. Come to find out he has a kidney stone...a twelve year old with a stone! We got home around two o'clock after being discharged and getting medications. I spent the evening at the local children's hospital with my oldest son who was suffering from the side effects of a concussion...fun, fun, fun! So needless to say...I hate hospitals and Monday is a blur!

Now on to something stamping related....here's my card to share with you all today. I used the level two hostess set "Serene Spring" for this one. It was embossed on watercolor paper, then watercolored using Aquapainters and markers. I used Nestabilities to create the plain and scalloped circles on the focal panel. I used the "Canvas" background stamp on the card base, and incorporated some Bella Rose Designer Series Paper on the horizontal layer. Some 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon and buttons from the Button Bouquet finish it off.


That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you tomorrow with another card. Until then...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for your son - and what a rough day it was for you!!!! My DH just had his first (and hopefully ONLY) kidney stone a few weeks ago and it was torture for him. He did say that the meds they gave him made a HUGE difference - hopefully your son got the same ones!!! I hope it passes quickly - pun intended! Hugs!!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Mercy--I'm sorry that you and your sons had such a bad day! Your card is lovely, and I hope that everybody's back to normal soon!

Juliana said...

WOW! HUGS to you!!!!!
I hope the ds's are okay (continued healing). There are few places that make a mom feel more powerless than a hospital.

Juliana said...

Silly me--this is a WONDERFUL card-- I love this layout--and that coloring is AMAZING!! Especially the butterfly!!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Mercy! I hope things are better now. Gorgeous card! I really like the buttons!