Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

...No Cards Today

Sorry about not being able to share any cards today. I went over to my best friends' (Robin and Lakesha) house to spend the day stamping yesterday (I actually completed 2 cards, and I have one almost finished). Around dinner time, we received a phone call that Robin's father-in-law was going to have to undergo exploratory surgery to try to locate an infection in his abdomen that was discovered during his emergency room visit that morning. He had been having major stomach problems for many days prior to this ER visit. Around lunch, we had learned that his abdomen was full of infection, but we didn't have anything else to go on. The doctors were giving little hope, so we all rushed to the hospital. We stayed up there all night, and I only returned home around 3:30 this morning...so I have been asleep most of the afternoon.
Please pray for this precious family. Papaw came through the surgery where they discovered that his appendix had perforated. They removed it, cultured an abscess that had formed on it, then cleaned the rest of his organs. He was very alert in the ICU, and had removed (or at least tried to remove) several of the lines that he was attached to early this morning. The doctor decided to put him back onto the ventilator and sedate him in order for him to recover over the next few days. It is still a touch-and-go situation, and the doctors are worried about a man of his advanced age (he's 81) recovering easily after having such a drastic surgery.

I will keep you all posted when I find out anything else. It may be a couple of days before I have a chance to upload anything, but I will try to get something on here for you.


1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Mercy. I will say a prayer for this family. If you would like a card sent you can pm me his info. I would be more than happy to send a card.