Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

...A Sketch Challenge, A Ways To Use It Challenge, and Another Card

This is my submission for yesterday's Sketch Challenge and today's Ways To Use It Challenge at SCS. The sketch is pretty self-explanatory, but the WT challenge was to incorporate some form of acrylic into your design; so I used some acylic dew drops in the right corners of my card. I used Spring Break Designer Series Papers and Summer Picnic Designer Series Papers. The image from the set Fast & Fun Notes, and it was Watercolored Using Markers and an aquapainter.
This card was simply a fluke! I started out making a card with a totally different layout and color scheme, but this is what I ended up with....and I L-O-V-E it! I used some of the Bali Breeze Designer Paper on this one, then stamped the hummingbird from "Pretty Amazing" with Staz-On ink onto a scrap piece that I had left over from the "Ink, Spray, and Smash Technique" that we did a while back. The card base was stamped with the Stitched background stamp, and River Rock ribbon was added to finish it off.

That's it for today, but I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I've created for the Limited Supplies Challenge. Until then....Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies
Stamps: Fast & Fun Notes, Pretty Amazing, Touch of Nature, Stitched
Papers: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Spring Break DSP, Summer Picnic DSP, River Rock, Taken With Teal, Bali Breeze DSP, Glossy White, watercolor
Inks: Jet Black Staz-On, reinkers (Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore)
Accessories: ribbon, dew drops, scissors, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, image sheet, markers, aquapainter, adhesive, paper cutter