Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

...Limited Supplies Challenge #155, Valentine's Day Card, & A Funny

This is my submission for today's Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS. Here's the rules: circle stamps + sentiment, any color of paper (no designer paper or CuttleBug images), any color ink, circle punches, any round/circle embellsihments, and no limited layers. So this is what I came up with. I started with a card base of Bashful Blue cardstock measuring 8-1/2 X 4-1/4, and when folded to open at the bottom measures 4-1/4 square. The focal panel is made up of Rose Red cardstock (4-1/4 X 1-7/8), Bashful Blue cardstock (4-1/4 X 1-5/8), Rose Red cardstock again (4-1/4 X 1-9/16), and Old Olive cardstock (4-1/4 X 1-1/2). The Crop-a-Dile was used to emboss circles across the center of the olive cardstock, then all of the layers were attaced to each other and the card base using SNAIL Adhesive. A Mat Pack and Paper Piercer were used to create the faux stitching above and below the focal panel. A Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker was used to create the "thread". Chocolate Brads were added to the center of circles that were created using the 1/4" Circle Punch and olive cardstock, then attached to the card base (the mat pack and piercer were used to create the correct spacing between the brads also).



The sentiment is from the set "Lovely Labels", and it was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock twice: once in Rose Red Classic Ink, and again in VersaMark Ink. The VersaMarked image was embossed using the Blue Embossing Powder from the Rich Regals Embossing Stack and a Heat Gun. The rose image was punched out using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, and the blue embossed image was punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. I used the Coluzzle Cutting System to make the largest circle from Chocolate Chip cardstock. Each circle was layered on the other, from smallest to largest, using Dimensionals. Then the completed sentiment was attached to the card base with Dimensionals also. And there you have it.....circles, circles, and more circles!


I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day with your loved ones! I spent the night with my hubby and two boys.....it was wonderful! Speaking of Valentine's Day, I wanted to share this sweet RAK that I received from my customer, and good friend, Lois Billadeau. She LOVES making and mailing cards to everyone. I can always count on getting a beautiful creation from her on every major holiday.......isn't she just the sweetest thang?!? Thanks, Lois!


FRIDAY FUNNY: My friend, Martha Lynn sent me an email with this puppet singing a song about being "da man", and I absolutely cracked up! I had to share it with you! So this is for all you married couples out there!
The Husband Song........ENJOY!!!!


That's it for today! I hope to see you all tomorrow, but I have alot going on. Christian has AAU b-ball practice all morning and afternoon about forty minutes from home, and I have to work on my projects for my classes next week. If I finish them I'll post them for you so you can see what I've been up to! Thanks for stopping by, and until later..........Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies
Stamps: Lovely Labels
Paper: Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, VersaMark
Accessories: circle punches (1-4", 1-1/4", 1-3/8"), coluzzle cutting system, dimensionals, crop-a-dile, brads, marker, mat pack, paper, piercer, embossing powder, heat gun, adhesive

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Great card. Love the circles and clean lines.

Husband song is hilarious. TFS.

mudmaven said...

Thanks so much for the humor - made my Friday! ~chris

Me, My Stamps and I said...

fantastic cards, mercy !!!!!love the funnies !!!!da man , lol
tfs
chat