Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

...Limited Supplies Challenge #143

This is my submission for today's Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS. I used Kraft cardstock (11" X 4-1/4") for the card base, and stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink with the Aida Cloth background stamp. The edges of the card are sponged using chocolate ink with a Sponge Dauber. The next layer is Chocolate Chip cardstock measuring 3-3/4" X 5-1/8". The focal image is on Very Vanilla cardstock that measures 3-5/8" X 4-7/8". I used my Coluzzle Cutting System to cut out an oval on a scrap piece of cardstock, and used the cut out portion as a template to make the sponged oval. I held the template in place over the vanilla paper while stamping the Aida Cloth background stamp in Creamy Caramel ink through the cut out part of the template. While still holding the template in place, I stamped the snowflakes from the set Snowflakes in chocolate then sponged the inside of the focal image in caramel with a Sponge Dauber. I wanted it to look more antique, so I sponged the outside edges in chocolate ink, too. I removed the template to reveal the finished focal image. The image is flat in real life, but looks to be several layers without the fuss of having to use more and more cardstock. This technique is called "Reverse Masking". The "season's greetings" from the set Many Merry Messages is stamped in chocolate at the bottom of the vanilla cardstock. The vanilla is then attached to the chocolate cardstock using SNAIL Adhesive before adding the Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware and Brad. I tied 3/8" Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon around the hardware to finish off the card. The focal panel is then added to the card base using the same adhesive.

That's it for today, but I will see you all tomorrow with a submission for the Inspiration Challenge! Hugs and Happy Shopping ~ Mercy

Supplies

Stamps: Aida Cloth, Snowflakes, Many Merry Messages

Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Ink: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: sponge daubers, aged copper hodgepodge hardware, chocolate ribbon, coluzzle cutting system

10 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

What could be YUMMIER!!!....A CHOCOLATE card!!!and your recipe is DIVINE!!...I can almost "smell" it, girlfriend!..Beeeeee sure to leave me a comment on my BLOG CANDY POST!!!...and spread the word!!

jayne said...

What a beautiful card! I love the color combination!

Andrea, said...

This is such a beautiful card, I love the tones of brown you have used. Fabulous

Judy Rozema said...

Beautifully done!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great card and love all the details you provide! tfs

Bev J.

Anonymous said...

Great card, Mercy! I love the reverse masking...very cool! I might have to try this sometime! I love the colors,too!

nancy said...

great job with the challenge...your card is beautiful!

Shannan Teubner said...

Mercy, this is just fantastic! I love it!

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty, love how the image seems to glow.

MOltz said...

I really love this card Mercy!

Melanie