Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

...Featured Stamper #42 ~ TexasGrammy

This is my submission for today's Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS. Beverly G. (TexasGrammy) was the lucky lady whose artwork was recognized, so I chose one of her cards from her gallery to CASE (Copy And Share with Everyone). I chose the card seen HERE. I had to change two or more things in order to participate in the challenge, so here's what I changed: the designer paper, the layout, and the colors. I think her original idea is still there, but I tweaked it to fit my style.

I started with a card base of Night of Navy cardstock measuring 11" X 5-1/2" to make a 5-1/2" square card. The next layer is Holiday Harmony Designer Paper (from the Holiday Mini Catalog) stamped with the flourish from the set Baroque Motifs in Night of Navy ink, and it measures 5-3/8" square. The next panel up is made of the same designer paper that measures 5-1/2" X 2-1/2", and is matted with navy cardstock measuring 5-1/2" X 2-5/8". I used Pearl Crystal Stickers in the four corners of the panel to add some dimension. The focal panel, both the flourish and the sentiment, are from the set Carte Postale. They are stamped in navy ink onto River Rock cardstock that measures 3-1/2" X 2", then matted onto more navy cardstock measuring 3-5/8" X 2-1/8". Each layer is then attached to the other using SNAIL Adhesive. The card is finished off with some navy ribbon (that is both silk and organdy) tied above the focal panels.

That's it for today, and tomorrow is the Technique Lovers Challenge. I haven't really been inspired the past couple of weeks by the techniques showcased, but maybe tomorrow's will be a different story. If I create anything I will post it for you, but if I don't make anything I am sure that I will have something for Tuesday's Color Challenge! Thanks for stopping by, and until next time..............Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies
Stamps: Carte Postale, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Night of Navy, River Rock, and Holiday Harmony Designer Paper
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: pearls, ribbon

9 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Love it!! The colors are fab!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Y-U-M-M-Y!!!The color combo is awesome....and I LOVE the pearl accents!...very elegante'! ok...thats not a real word....but a GREAT description for this card!)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

oh MERCY !!!!!just perfect!!!
love youe colors and that ribbon-just the look of elegance!
tfs,
chat

Anonymous said...

this really is so beautiful, Mercy. way to go!

Anonymous said...

This si so elegant. I love the paper and sketch. Going to try to CASE it even though I do not have the right stamps.

Anonymous said...

Wow..this is gorgeous! I love how elegant it looks. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant!! Just lovely!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is georgous, simply georgous!

MOltz said...

Love the blue ribbon on this card!

melanie