Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2007

...Inspiration Challenge #89



Saturday is inspiration challenge day. The inspirational piece was a bedspread from Target seen HERE. YAHOO! I just loved the idea of another card using Chocolate Chip! I wanted to use chocolate and Pretty in Pink cardstock with darker elements as the focal image. Everything was stamped with white craft ink and embossed with different colored powders (moss, cranberry, light pink, and buttercup). The images are from the sets Best Blossoms, Paint Prints, and Warm Words. The entire image was outlined by using the paper piercer in a free-handed method. Tiny rhinestones were added to the centers of the flowers and the empty corners of the card. It took quite a while to finish all of the piercing, but I am so pleased with the finished product! I hope you all love it, too!

As I mentioned last night, the hubby and I vegged out and watched "300". It was a very good movie! However, it did have some nudity in it, and it was extremely brutal. I've never understood why movie makers use so much nudity in their creations. Most of the time the movie's meaning is neither helped nor hindered by the use of nudity...so why even put it in there?! Other than that...it was a phenomenal movie. I absolutely loved the "look" of it, and the action is awesome! It is a definite "must see", but leave the kiddies out of it...definitely not a family movie!!!

That's it for my soap box session! I have some cleaning to do, and some calls to make...so I will see you guys tomorrow with a new creation! Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies
Stamps: Best Blossoms, Paint Prints, Warm Words
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Ink: white craft
Accessories: embossing powders, paper piercer, rhinestones

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I love the look of this card. I hope the paper piercing was relaxing because there is a lot there! Beautiful colors!

Corie said...

Just GORGEOUS -- great card with the inspiration piece.

MOltz said...

I also love the look of this card!