Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer Is Here!



It was another HOT one here in northwest Georgia. It reached 93 today! Luckily, some friends of ours are letting us use their pool while they are out of town. Gabriel (my youngest son) and I spent a good part of the day there. Hot weather is alot easier to handle when you can take four steps and jump into eighty-two degree water. It was wonderful! After trying to beat the heat all day, I thought that a nice "sherberty" card might cool things off!

The sets used on this card are Linen Background, Looks Like Spring, and The Art of Life (phrase only). The papers used include Cool Caribbean, Crisp Cranberry, Marigold Morning, and Very Vanilla. I used Creamy Caramel ink on the Linen BG, then used cranberry, caribbean, and marigold on the flowers. The marigold ones are "rock and rolled" with cranberry. Then, I did the direct-to-paper method with Chocolate Chip around the edges. I was going to do the phrase in chocolate ink, but I was afraid it wouldn't show up...so I used black ink instead. There are no embellshments, but you could put rhinestones, brads, or eyelets in the centers of the flowers to add some dimension if you wanted.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MOltz said...

My Mercy~ Will you make a card for me out of one of the stamp sets I sent you? Only if you have time! Thank you so much. I love this card.

Hugs~
Mealnie