Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Baby Shower Invitation



This is becoming one of my new favorites! This is a sample invitation for my soon-to-arrive goddaughter, Mattox. Momma decided on another card for the party, but I just loved this one! This card was inspired by Heather (kysmom). My favorite animal is the penguin...so I guess I'm partial to the little booger! The stamp sets used on this square card are Wild About You and Riveting (hostess). The cardstock colors are simply basic black, almost amethyst, and whisper white. I used the black marker to color the penguin, then used almost amethyst for the flower. I drew the stem on the flower freehand. I also utilized several punches: both the 1-3/8 and 1-1/4 circle punches, and the ticket corner punch. Black grosgrain, white brads, and dimensionals wrap up the accessories used. I may do a series of cards from this set later today in order to feature them tomorrow. I'll put them all in one post so you can see all the cutesy animals in this awesome set! The more I use it...the more I love it!
Well, I have alot of laundry to do today, and heaven knows no one else will do it...so I'm off to the laundry room. The only good thing about laundry day is the time I can play with my stamps in between loads of clothes. It's amazing how quickly the time passes that way! I hope everyone has fun today with their families. Be safe!

No comments: