Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

...Verve Day Dad Sketch


Today's Verve Day Thursday is dedicated to Dad!  I used Sketch Challenge #283 from SCS as my starting point, and reached for some patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Lil' Man paper pad.  Since Father's Day is just around the corner, I decided to use Verve's "Father Figure" set for my sample.  I collage stamped "father" and "husband" on the Kraft Cardstock focal panel in Sahara Sand Ink, then sponged and distressed the edges.  I stamped "dad" in Real Red Ink onto a scrap piece of PTI White Cardstock, then meticulously cut out each letter.  I attached the cut-out letters to the focal panel using Dimensionals, then stamped "happy father's day" in Bermuda Bay Ink.  The focal panel was completed by punching out a star using a Small Star Punch, then attached a Button with some Cream Twine through it.  After adding some Paper Piercing, Brads, and some distressed Red Cardstock the card was completed.

That's it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you again tomorrow with another Farm Fresh Friday!
Supplies
Stamps:  Father Figure (Verve)
Papers:  Kraft, PTI White, Real Red, LIl' Man DP (Cosmo Cricket)
Inks: Sahara, Sand, Real Red, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, distressing tool, twill ribbon, scissors, star punch, button, twine, glue dot, x-acto knife, brads

5 comments:

Julie said...

This is fab, I love the bright eyecatching colours! X

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this card Mercy and the Strings you put behind it looks wonderful!!!

Shaela said...

great card!! love the colors and how you flipped ths sketch. :) btw... I need to email you but the email listed on your sidebar isn't working. :( is there a different one I can try?

Melissa said...

I really like this card. I've been having trouble thinking what stamps to use for my father's day cards, but I could just spell "dad" like you did! Thanks for the idea!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Great Dad card!! Love it!!