Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

...MFT Sunday

I adore these Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things, and I can't seem to put them down!  This one is called "My Balloon", and I thought this would be a good opportunity to practice on an ethnic skin tone using my Copic Markers.  I like how this one turned out...it could be either a lighter African-American skin tone or a Latin American one.  I enjoyed trying something new, so you will probably be seeing a more diverse collection of images from now on.  I pulled the other colors from the patterned paper strips I picked out from the Lucy Bird paper pack by Imaginesce.  I stamped the image in Black Ink onto PTI White Cardstock, then colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers.  Some stitching, piercing, and some Hodgepodge Hardware complete the card.  What do you think of the new skin tone?

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by, and I'll catch you all back here tomorrow with another There She Goes Challenge! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps:  My Balloon (My Favorite Things)
Papers:  Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Aqua Mist, PTI White, Lucy Bird DP (Imaginesce)
Inks:  Black
Accessories:  dimensionals, hodgepodge hardware, sewing machine, mat pack, paper piercer, border punch, nesties, big shot, copic multi-liner, copics (0, C1, 3, 5, 7, 9, Y00, YG21, 23, 25, BG11, 32, 34, R32, 81, 83, 85, E11, 13, 21, 25)

13 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love the darker skin tone and that image is too cute!

Julie said...

Another beautiful card! Everytime I check them out I mean to get my sewing machine out,must get around to it!

Dawn Easton said...

Mercy! You rocked the ethnic skin tone for sure! I've tried and can't get it at all...lol
Love your sweet card and I can't put those PI girls down either ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Mercy she is ADORABLE!!! I love the PI so much tooo.

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute Mercy!!!! I JUST Sdore this FAB Card!!!!!!

Peggy said...

The PI stamps are addicting aren't they?! I have one on my table for todays Featured Stamper challenge. Your skin tone coloring is right on!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

cute card Mercy...love the skin tone....

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So sweet Mercy! And I love how you colored your little girl!! Darling card!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Beautifully coloured!

Sharon said...

Adorable! I love your coloring and layout - TFS!

Pam Varnell said...

This is just so stinkin cute. Love the colors you used and that brown stitching just pops. BEAUTIFUL card my friend!!!

Tasha said...

Ah way too cute! Love the colour combo and fab layout
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

Mercy, this is totally perfect! I just LOVE the way you colored this. Amazing!

Congratulations, your card is being featured as part of Our Favorite Finds on the MFT Blog today!