Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

...Last Peek Before The Release

Happy Sunday! Where in the world did October go? I blinked once, and it was gone! Now here we are in November, and that means another release is coming from The Greeting Farm. This last week, the entire design team has been sharing little peeks of the new sets and images that are coming your way TONIGHT following the Virtual Stamp Night/Release Party HERE from 8-10 p.m. EST. But before you go partying and shopping, I have one more sneak peek for you!

This is "Max"...how flippin' cute is he?!? When I first received these new Twinkle Tots I didn't think that this cutie was going to be a favorite, but I have fallen in love with all of these adorable little ones! Each one has it's own little personality, and each one is a joy to color. I combined this handsome young man with some of my new patterned paper from Scrap Within Reach, and drew the colors from the papers to use as my palette...Night of Navy, More Mustard, and Sahara Sand. The main image was embossed on Watercolor Paper, then colored and shaded with an Aquapainter and Ink Pads. My sentiment panel was created by stamping a sentiment from the "Fly Away" stamp set, then punching it out with the Word Window Punch. I punched the large arrow out using the My Way Punch, then distressed the edges of each piece with a Sponge Dauber. A couple of brads were added to the panel to complete the masculine creation.
That's it for now! Thanks for stopping by to see me, and I will see you back here in a few with a new Verve creation! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps: Max, Fly Away-sentiment(The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Night of Navy, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Scrap Within Reach DP
Inks: Basic Black Craft, Crushed Curry, More, Mustard, Night of Navy, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Cameo Coral, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, nesties, big shot, clear embossing powder, heat gun, aquapainter, ruler, marker, white gel pen, scissors, way punch, word window punch, brads

11 comments:

Kim said...

This is such a great little boy card! Perfect colors and your coloring is awesome!

Lisa Foster said...

Super adorable Mercy! Looks just like my son when he was a kid...waaaay back when we were playing the 1st edition of Mario Brothers...Ha! Wow..I'm really telling my age! :)
Have a fantastic Sunday!
Hugs,
Lisa

Barbara said...

Simply adorable, Mercy!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love Max, awesome job with him, perfect papers.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is awesome! The papers are so well put together, I LOVE that little arrow, and your coloring on Max is DA BOMB! Happy release day-your previews have been AMAZING-thanks for all your hard work!

Danni said...

What a great card!! Love this!

Elena said...

Adorable card, Mercy! Gorgeous coloring, really love it! And what a great choice of the DP!

Marisa said...

Darling image and card, Mercy! Love the arrow with the sentiment :D I'm hoping to get to your sketch this week tomorrow - just in time for a new one on Tuesday LOL! It's been an insane week, to say the least!! Loved the sketch and can't wait to play :D

Unknown said...

you've brought all these sweet characters to life Mercy! No mean feat! Brilliant card as always!
Viv xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Had a great time talking to you last night Mercy, hopefully Pam will still be talking to you today, LOL!

Love the card, this stamp is too cute and I love the layout and colors you picked.

~Rachel

Mary J said...

What a great boy's card, Mercy - that looks like my nephew! Great colours, papers and luuurve the arrow!