Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

...Fall and Winter

This first card was one that I made to upload into the Verve Gallery during the release of the new September stamps. I stamped the I Chronicles 16:34 Plain Jane in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, then embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder on the Tangerine Tango Cardstock base. I used the patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Out & About collection, then ran them through the Sizzix Big Shot with the Top Note Die. I cut the outer edge from the papers, then cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock with the same die to use as a mat. I attached the finished panel to the base, then tied a piece of Tangerine Tango Striped Ribbon around it after three Antique Brass Brads were added to the upper left-hand side. If you can't tell...I LURVE me some VERVE! LOL!

This last card is my submission for last Friday's Weekend Sketch Challenge #98 at Beate John's blog. I used one of the new sets from Our Craft Lounge called Snow Place Like Home along with some patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Penny Lane collection. The two papers were stitched together using the Janome Mini Sewing Machine, and the edges were pierced with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. The penguin, tree, and sentiment were stamped in Basic Black Craft Ink, then they were embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I colored the tree with an Aquapainter and Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink Pads. The ground on the focal panel was sponged with a Sponge Dauber and Baja Breeze Classic Pad, then Icicle Stickles were added the tree and over the ground. A Baja Breeze Corduroy Button and Linen Thread were added as the circle element to finish off the card.

That's it for me today! We have a new eight-week-old Chocolate Lab fur baby as of last night, so it is up to me to get her house-broken. She has been a total doll...no whining or whimpering, but I swear it is like having a new baby in the house! LOL! Every little move she makes wakes me up. So needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night...so while Maggie and her daddy take a nap I think I'll lie down and take one myself! Here's a picture of Maggie-May for you all the "ooooo" and "aaahhh" over! :)
Thanks for stopping by to see me today, and I will be back here tomorrow with another creation...and maybe some more Maggie pictures, too! Until then...
Supplies
"Give Thanks" Card
Stamps: I Chronicles 16:34 (Verve)
Papers: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Out & About DP(My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Chocolate Chip Craft Ink
Accessories: big shot, top note die, ribbon, brads, scissors, clear embossing powder, heat gun, mat pack, paper piercer
"Snow Place Like Home" Card
Stamps: Snow Place Like Home (Our Craft Lounge)
Papers: Regal Rose, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Penny Lane DP (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Basic Black Craft Ink, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, sewing machine, thread, clear embossing powder, heat gun, aquapainter, scissors, sponge dauber, stickles, button, linen thread

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...she is so cute!! i've been to your blog about a million times but i've never commented...until now. she is precious! i have a 9 year old black lab who thinks he's still a puppy. i look forward to more pics of maggie :) and beautiful cards by the way.

Julie said...

OMG...that little Maggie is just an absolute DOLL! I'm SO jealous!!! How is she getting along with the others? Oh...I just LOVE dogs! :)

Oh, and the cards are super fabu too! :)

Kerri said...

I love the layout and dp you used on the Verve card! Gorgeous!!! Your second card is too cute and the puppy is just adorable! Good luck with the house training!

Cheryl said...

Hi Mercy, and Maggie is a doll! One word for your first card....FABULOUS! And I'm just lovin that lil penguin on the second card....it's cute!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - Mercy - your new furry baby is precious!!! Enjoy because they grow up way toooo fast - LOL!!!

Your colors on the first card are GORGEOUS!!! Love the layout too!!! Your Sketch card is super cute!!! Which reminds me that I wanted to play it too...LOL!!!

Have a great day!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!! I never thought of using the top note die that way but I LOVE it!! Gorgeous colors and the puppy is so cute!

Unknown said...

Love your cards, Mercy!

And, OMGosh.. Maggie-May is so adorable! I just love labs, esp chocolates! Hugs and good luck with the house-breaking!

Mary Marsh said...

love the card colors and the dsp on the 1 chronicles card-I just bought this stamp myself

Unknown said...

As much as I love your cards Mercy, and you KNOW how much I love THEM. They just can't compete with your gorgeous little fur-baby I'm afraid, 'coz Maggie is a little stunner!
Hugs Viv xx

Pam Speidel said...

Omg Mercy! I just want to hold and cuddle adorable little Maggie girl! What a sweetie! Your cards creations are awesome...love how you've used the top note with the dp on the first one...great colors!

Shannan Teubner said...

Ok your cards are great, but you can't compete with PUPPY PICTURES!!! I have always wanted a chocolate lab...she is just PRECIOUS!!! Does she have puppy breath??

Marisa said...

What a cute bundle of fur!! Labs are the friendliest dogs. Hope you get her trained soon so you can get some sleep! Love that Plain Jane verse - on my wish list - and the penguin is too cute!!

Laural-Lee said...

Your 'Give thanks' card is truly inspiring! The choice of colours and the layout are just fantastic.

Enjoy the new addition to your family. She's adorable.

Danni said...

Love your cards...the second one made me smile with the cute penguin. Your puppy is just too cute!! Giver her a snuggle from me..I just love puppies!!

mudmaven said...

Great cards today - as always. Love the dp on the first one and that penguin is just adorable! Not quite as adorable as your little Maggie though - so sweet - hope you get some sleep tonight! ~chris

Ravengirl said...

Those are some cute cards, but...Maggie stole the show! What a darling puppy!

Diane M said...

Love the verve card layout!

Diane M
aka detour3

Michelle said...

What beautiful cards!! LOVE them both. The DP you used on both is so fun. Totally have to get me some of the winter dp - it just screams ME!!

CA-UTE puppy too!!! How fun to cuddle with that!

Ida said...

Wonderful cards. Love the bright colors of the first one and the cute penguin on the second one. Great layouts.
Maggie is adorable...have fun with her.

Pam Varnell said...

These cards are just fantastic girlfriend. Love the fall feel of the first one and I just adore the non-traditional Christmas colors on the second. Both are gorgeous.

Can't wait to meet Maggie tomorrow. She is just too cute. Hugs!!

Christi Flores said...

Puppy pics!! How cute!!! Love the cards too but that puppy totally stole the show!

Lisa H. said...

sweet cards, but oh my choclate love! that puppy is precious. congrats on your new fur baby!

Bethany Paull said...

This card has been sitting on my Google Reader since you posted it, giving me a little smile every time I scroll past. It's so gorgeous. And your new pup is absolutely darling!