Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

...Practice Hospitality

This is my submission for this past Friday's Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge found at the Verve Forum at SCS. Amber Hight is an amazing sketch artist...and she's not a half-bad cardmaker either! LOL! Love you, Amber! As soon as I saw her sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I flipped the sketch on its side, then used ribbon instead of a long paper panel. I used the new Romans 12:13 Plain Jane (from Verve) along with the butterfly from Enjoy. I embossed both images, but I treated both of them differently. I sponged the sentiment panel while I watercolored the butterfly. The circles were created using Spellbinders' Classic Circle Nesties, and the background panel was embossed using the Big Shot and the Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I also sponged the edges of that panel with a Sponge Dauber. I added some sparkle to the butterfly with some Crystal Stickles and Orange Rhinestones, but embellished the card with some lacy, beaded ribbon along with some Dusty Durango Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon.
That's it for me today! I have some homemade salsa to make while my homemade chicken stock cools, but I will be working on my SU only card for tomorrow's sketch challenge. Don't forget to stop by to see and play along with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge...you won't regret it {wink, wink}! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps: Romans 12:13 Plain Jane, Enjoy (Verve)
Papers: Dusty Durango, Taken With Teal, Whisper White, Watercolor
Inks: Basic Black Craft, Dusty Durango, Taken With Teal
Accessories: dimensionals, cuttlebug embossing folder, circle nesties, big shot, clear embossing powder, heat gun, aquapainter, stickles, rhinestones, sponge daubers, ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer

4 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Very pretty Mercy and a so un-Mercy card. LOL!! I love the Cuttlebug background and the lace border under the ribbon is so soft and pretty. Main image sponging is beautiful. Great job with the sketch.

Shannan Teubner said...

DUDE!!! This is gorgeous!! That lace trim is fabulous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally gorgeous!!

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

This is definately a WOW card - I love the colors and the design! Great Job! Renee