Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

...Hang In There

This is my submission for a couple of challenges this week: the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #87, and the Ways To Use It Challenge #224 at SCS. I started with a Kiwi Kiss Cardstock base, then matted the additional layers with Chocolate Chip Cardstock. The patterned papers were from the retired Hawaii Papaya Designer Series Paper pack, and the images were from Hero Arts' set "Playful Animals". The images were stamped in Basic Black Craft Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock, then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. I colored the sweet monkey and leaves with Copic Sketch Markers, and created the oval focal panels using Spellbinders' Classic Oval Nestabilities and my Sizzix Big Shot. A piece of 5/8" Tangerine Tango Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was added to complete the card.

Speaking of little monkeys...I also wanted to share a picture that I took of my baby girl, Trinity, yesterday. The boys and I had a lazy day here at the house, and the dogs were no exception. How precious is this?!?
That's it for today! I will be stamping more this weekend, so I should have some stuff to show off later on. Thanks for stopping by, and until later...

7 comments:

Gayle@Mountain Moma said...

The card and the pup are just darling!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job on both challenges Mercy, thanks so much for playing!!!

Unknown said...

Awww love your card Mercy. It's so cute and cheerful...nearly as cute as Trinity!
Hugs Viv xx

Tracey said...

WHat an adorable card!!

Pam Speidel said...

OMG! I'm not sure which one is cuter...the card or Trinity! :) My little doxie sleeps on our bed and especially loves to burrow under the covers. :)

Kathi said...

Such an adorable card! And your little Trinity is so precious! What a sweetie! My Tox Fox Terrier Rocky loves to sleep under the covers with his head on the pillow too!

Pam Varnell said...

FIRST, Trinity is so freakin cute. Much cuter than that card. LOL. All playing aside, I love the card. The main image is so cute and I love the way you put the leaves off the focal image. Gorgeous as usual.

Hugs!!