Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

...Merry Christmas, Dear Friend

I haven't had a chance to work on any of the challenges that I wanted to complete, but I did get another club card finished. What do you think? It was definitely a labor of love....and I labored for over two hours. I changed stamps, then I changed colors, then I changed the layout, then I changed....well, you get the idea. Finally, the card came together.

I used the stamp sets "Snow Burst" and "Cute & Curly" from Stampin' Up! The card base was Kraft Cardstock, and I decided to use the following cardstock colors with it: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Ruby Red. The Old Olive Cardstock panel was stamped in Old Olive Classic Ink with the "Canvas" background stamp. The patterned paper was from the Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper pack, and it was mounted onto Ruby Red Cardstock. I also punched out some Chocolate Chip Cardstock using the 1/4" Circle Punch, attached them to the patterned paper panel, then placed Silver Brads in the center of each with some help from my Paper Piercer. The snowflakes were stamped in Old Olive Classic Ink, Ruby Red Classic Ink, and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. The sentiment, however, was stamped in Ruby Red Classic Ink onto a scrap piece of Kraft Cardstock. I trimmed the edges off of the sentiment label with my CutterBee Scissors, then mounted it onto a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock that had been punched out using the Curly Label Punch. The large Whisper White Cardstock panel was pierced using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Snow Flurries, Canvas, Cute & Curly
Papers: Old Olive, Kraft, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Holiday Treasures DSP
Inks: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, silver brads, punches (curly label, 1/4" circle), scissors, dimensionals

That's it for today! I still have one more project to come up with for this week's clubs, so I am going to have to get back to business! I will see you all tomorrow, but until then....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card - love what you did with the brads!!

Pam Varnell said...

OMG!!! The girls are going to love this. I can't wait to make it. Mercy, it's GREAT!!!
Love ya!!

kat said...

I absolutely love 'Cute and Curly'; sure wish SU sold it as a stamp set only cuz I have Spellbinder's Labels 2, which is just the right shape. Love you card; the layout is great!