Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

…Our New Addition

kaylee_030913

I would love to introduce you to Miss Kaylee Marie Gurley, my precious granddaughter. Her mother, Jordyn, gave birth to our princess this past Wednesday afternoon, March 6th. She was born at 2:20 pm, weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz., and was 20-1/2 inches long. She and her mother came home Friday…both are healthy and perfect!

Our oldest son, Christian, met and fell in love with Jordyn when she was already pregnant with our angel.  I must admit that it was hard, as a mom who had become pregnant before I was married myself, to accept that my child had fallen in love with a girl who was pregnant with someone else’s child.  And I was also afraid that Christian didn’t understand the responsibility he would be taking on stepping into the role of “daddy”.  But as we began to learn and know more about Jordyn, we fell in love with her, too…and of course, we began to feel as though Kaylee was our granddaughter by blood as well.  As I’ve told many others before, once I love you there is no going back…I will always love you!

I am so excited to see what this life has in store for Christian, Jordyn, and Kaylee. Although I know that there are rough times ahead and periods of adjustment that they’ll go through, I am confident that the Lord will guide them and help them to raise our new little angel. And they will always have us and Jordyn’s mother, Kristi, to lean on.

I look forward to spoiling and loving this precious little bundle as long as God allows me!

january_signature copy

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Congrats, grandma :) Enjoy lovig her to bits!

Joan V said...

What a beautiful blessing. Congrats to you all. What a beautiful little subject to use your photography skills on. Can't wait to see some more pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Olson said...

She's beautiful, Mercy, and so is your heart!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a Grandmother and all the changes you have made in the last 6 months. Change isn't easy and you have made some significant ones. I used to love to look at your cards but today I had fun reading several of your written entries. Paper crafting attracts lots of wonderful women, some I've met in person and some on SCS and Etsy. But like everything else there are always women who aren't very nice.

Please keep writing you are an inspiration!
Sincerely,
Michelle Mallett

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! You must be so happy and her parents too!
May the LORD bless you (all) and keep you and make His face shine upon you, be merciful to you, and grant you peace…in the days, weeks, and years ahead and as you make memories together.

Xoxoxox
Nancy Hitchcock

kencana said...

I'm happy for the birth of your beautiful grandchildren :)

Bonnie said...

Oh congratulations Mercy! Grandparenting is one of those joys that overflow your heart as you will see!!

LORi said...

This is wonderful Mercy! What a touching story! Amazing of you all! When we love because He first loved us. You all are loving the way He desires we all love. Bravo to everyone involved and Congratulations! ♥

toga costume said...

It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.