Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

…How It Should Be

exercise, eat, ignore

Of all the changes I’ve made these past few months, these three have had the biggest impact on my life and my health.

#1: EXERCISE to be fit.

#2: EAT to nourish your body.

#3: IGNORE all the negativity.

I’ve made a conscious effort to increase the amount of fresh fruits and veggies that I consume, to increase my personal activity level and exercise regime, and decrease or eliminate all the unhealthy stuff.  It’s been a little over a month and I’m already noticing changes in how I feel, how I look, and how my clothes fit. I’ve lost over 20 pounds so far {but I have a LONG way to go still}, and it has given me just enough incentive to keep going and change my life for the better.

Not only am I reaping the benefits physically, but I’m also finding that the exercise helps clear my mind and even relaxes me.  I sleep better, I find myself in better moods, and I experience less stress during the day.  There’s apparently a lot to be said for that “runner’s high” you get from exercise; however, I’ve heard it said that it’s not really a runner’s high, but actually relief from not dying!  ;)  Either way I feel good after a couple of hours of elliptical and resistance training.

One day at a time. One workout at a time. One pound at a time.  I AM WORTH IT!!!

blog_signature_spring_wout_bg

5 comments:

Danni said...

This is awesome!!! You go girl!!!

Tanya said...

Wishing you much success on your healthy lifestyle change!

Tami Grandi said...

Fabulous and I totally needed to read this today! I need to get back on my healthy living lifestyle.

Pat said...

Congrats on your weight loss! If you want another great, free tool, you should check out www.loseit.com. I have lost 15 lbs with the help of that site. It helps monitor your food intake and calculates your exercise, too.

Continued success to you!
Pat

Deb said...

Mercy, I am SO HAPPY for your new, healthy choices!!

Now that you are "off" sugar, have you noticed how DELICIOUSLY SWEET are the oranges, apples, grapes, and other fruit?? WHOOO KNEW??