Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

…Little Angel Creeper

It’s Tuesday, and I’m elbow-deep into spring cleaning!  Why in the world did I even start when I KNEW that I wasn’t going to be able to stop until EVERYTHING was done?  Because I’m a ding-dong…that’s why!  LOL!  Since I’m so busy (and crazy) cleaning my little heart out I thought I’d share the last of the cards that I made on our last Girls’ Weekend…ENJOY!

card_1582

I don’t know about you, but I have been in love with these Creeper images since DAY ONE…and Sasha from the new “Creeper Crew Collection” from The Greeting Farm is no exception!  I think she’s a combination of Taylor Swift and America’s next American Idol…Lauren Alaina {Yes, I’m obsessed…and it doesn’t help that she goes to high school with my sons either}!  I stamped her in Black Ink and colored her with Copic Markers before cutting her out with a Nesties Die.I added a little shimmer to her eye shadow with my Gold Glaze Pen…ain’t she purty?  I used Kraft Cardstock as a card base {shocking, I know!}, then used Melon Berry as the larger background panel.  I paper pierced the edges and decided to sponge and distress it as well.  I paired the image with some patterned papers from the Be Loved paper pack by My Mind’s Eye, and used the MFT Die-namics Dainty Dots Border die as one of the vertical strips behind the focal panel.  The sentiment from MFT’s “Pure Innocence- Little Angel” set was stamped in Black Ink, and several Silver Nail Heads were added underneath.  After adding some Stitching, Ribbon, Buttons with Twine and Rhinestones, and TONS of Dimensionals the card was complete.

That’s it for me!  My muscles are aching, my back is killing me, and I’m tuckered out; but I WILL get this house clean if it kills me…and it just might!  Smile with tongue out  Thanks for stopping by today, and I’ll see you all back here tomorrow with some more info on couponing…and I might even have a recipe for you this week as well!  Until then…

blog_signature_winter_2_no swirls copy

8 comments:

SARA said...

so cute card!!!!! :) BEAUTIFUL COLOR! hugs SARA

Peggy said...

LOL! When my sweetheart headed out for a few months to work in Reno, I was on to the spring cleaning the very next weekend. I did not stop till i was done and I think it took me a week to recuperate!!
Your card is DARLING! I just love the creepers too!

Jen Shults said...

Gorgeous card Mercy. I love the colors of this and she really does look like Lauren, lol. I hadn't thought of that until I saw this but it's really amazing! How cool that she goes to high school with your boys!

Tasha said...

She is super Sassy Mercy, she looks so fab in those colours. Love the buttons too
love tasha xx

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really pretty! Love your blog and your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower! Hugs, Karen

♥Rach♥ said...

This is SO fabulous! Love the colors and layering and the stamp is super duper cute :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FREAKIN fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

oh mercy!!!
This card is super AWESOME!

btw, please head over to my blog to retrieve an award I want to share with you.
~ grace aka sugarcards