Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

...MFT Sunday For Friends

Yep...it's more Pure Innocence from My Favorite Things!  I've used "Heart Stripes" before, but this time I'm using the same stamp in two different ways.  I stamped both in Black Ink onto a piece of PTI White Cardstock,  then I drew in the sidewalk and grass with my Copic Multiliners, and colored the entire scene with Copic Sketch Markers.  I wanted one of the little girls to be Caucasian, but I wanted the other one to be African American for this "best friends" card...and I LOVE how this turned out!  I'm really enjoying using Copics to experiment with ethnic skin tones, and I think this particular African American tone is going to quickly become a fave!  I used some patterned papers from the Penny Lane collection from My Mind's Eye, and some Kiwi Kiss Striped Ribbon to coordinate.  After adding some Paper Piercing, Stitching, and Pink Pearls the card was complete.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by, and I'll catch you all back here tomorrow with another 
There She Goes Challenge! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps:  Heart Stripes (My Favorite Things)
Papers:  Kraft, PTI White, Penny Lane DP (My Mind's Eye)
Inks:  Black
Accessories:  copics, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, circle piercing guide, sewing machine, ribbon, pearls, nesties, big shot, mulitliners

18 comments:

Ursula's Kreativecke said...

Hallo Mercy,
Deine Karte ist wunderschön!!

Gruß

Ursula

LeSS said...

very interesting card! :))

Jackie Pedro said...

I think this is DARLING, Mercy!!! Awesome coloring and I love the sidewalk!! GREAT CARD!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Mercy...this is just too cute! Love the sidewalk and the different skin tones, too!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is gorgeous Mercy! Love the colours and that dp is GORGEOUS!
Kristy xx

Rhonda said...

I love these stamps. Your sidewalk scene is fabulous.

Karen Motz said...

Wow...this is amazing!!! LOVE how you coloured the girls and I'd love to know what markers you used for each, and that sidewalk and grass...over the top!!!

Peggy said...

This is just as cute as can be!! Love your two girls and love how you added a sidewalk and grass! You Rock!

Anonymous said...

Ok, stop the insanity!! Look at this card, darling! The sidewalk, grass, the girls, all of it, amazing!

Amy said...

Super cute Mercy! I love the PI image and the scene you've created for them...so sweet!

Carol said...

Very pretty! I love how you created the sidewalk...very cool.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your coloring is amazing, but the scene you created is stinking AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. What colors did you use for the girls? I am trying to figure out what colors to use for different skin colors.

Leticia
scrapbook_butterfly@ymail.com

Marilyn said...

Mercy,
I love the skin tones on your little girls.
What copics did you use? Would love to try these skin tones...

Love Pure Innocence! Love your card!
Marilyn in Texas

Chrisd said...

So sweet. What color copics did you use on those adorable Pure Innocence girls please.

Keva said...

I love it!! The layout is great and the coloring is wonderful!You draw really well, also, cause that sidewalk is really good! :o)


Can you tell me which Copics you used on the black child. I'd like to get some Copics to do the same thing to my stamps cause Creamy Caramel really isn't doing it for me any longer. :o)

Jen Shults said...

This is awesome Mercy! I love what you have going with the double image colored different ways... that is just a fantastic idea! I love this layout too!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Mercy, I just love everything about this card!

You've got to do a tutorial on your gorgeous skin tones, this is perfect!

Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!