Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

...Farm Fresh Birthday

It's Farm Fresh Friday time again at The Greeting Farm Blog, and this week our challenge is...Birthday Bash. We were to create a card with a birthday theme, and I chose to use my neglected "Laurie Skunk" image. I forgot that I even had this sweet little stamp until I did some organizing in my craft area the other day. There she was...in the floor...behind my largest shelving unit...staring up at me...with confusion in her eyes. LOL! I picked her up, dusted her off, and inked her up immediately. Bless her poor little heart! :) I reached for some patterned papers from Stephanie Fizer's Spring Collection from My Favorite Things, then added some stitching around the edges. I created the circular and focal panels with Nesties and a Big Shot, and added some Pink Rhinestones to the scalloped piece for a little sparkle. The sentiment was from the new "OA-Happy Day" set, and was also stamped in black into a scrap piece of Regal Rose Cardstock. It was punched out using the Word Window Punch, then a Green Galore Cardstock heart was attached to the right side of it. Once all of the layers were attached, I could see that it needed something else...don't you hate it when that happens? I decided to add some piercing inside the scalloped panel with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, and I also distressed the edges of the large patterned paper panel. The constructed patterned paper panel was attached to the Regal Rose Cardstock base with Dimensionals to complete the card.

Now let's see what the other DT and Critter Crew members have up their sleeves:

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by to see me...I don't know about you, but I am so glad that it's Friday! LOL! I will be spending the day stamping with my buddy (bet you can't guess who! LOL!), but I will see you back here tomorrow with a card/project using some stamps from My Favorite Things. My new MFT goodies came yesterday, so I'm going to play today! Until then...

Supplies
Stamps: Laurie Skunk, OA-Happy Day (The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Regal Rose, Green Galore, PTI White, Stephanie Fizer Spring Collection (My Favorite Things)
Inks: Black, Green Galore
Accessories: dimensionals, distressing tool, sewing machine, nesties, big shot, mat pack, paper piercer, word window punch, small heart punch, scissors, copics, rhinestones

18 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card! I love the pink and green!

C said...

Just adorable, Mercy. I love that you show the Copic colors as well.

Randi said...

Gorgeous Mercy! Love that vivid green with the touches of pink! So cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Mercy just so DARLING, FABULOUS job.

Kim said...

So sweet, I love the pink and green together!

Michelle VP said...

Darling! Glad you found her and inked her up. :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My Mercy this is just adorable I love those off set shaped panels and that image is colored to perfection and love the colors papers and sewing too!!! Wonderful Birthday Card!!!!

Heather

Jennifer said...

VERY CUTE!! Love the stitching!

Ida said...

Awwww...this is so sweet and adorable.

Anonymous said...

Just adorable, love the bling an piercing too!

kadie said...

OOOOOoooo! I love that green! It really pops! I love the idea of using the scalloped circle with the middle punched out too. You rock, GF!! Have a great weekend, Mercy!

Thanh Vo said...

I love the way you photographed the markers, Mercy!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! So fun!

Marisa said...

Darling image and fabulously coloured, Mercy! Great DP and I love the nestie shape you used.

Anonymous said...

Ok, this one is so cute! Love the skunk and how you used the scallop but no middle to see the dp! Very clever girl!

Jami said...

Laurie is so sweet and colored so beautifully :) Love the stitching and distressed edges!

Mary Giles said...

Awww...bless her little heart. I bet she is sooo happy that you found her. LOL. I Looove that cut-out circle frame...one to put into my idea book for sure. The papers are perfect as well as your coloring.

Pam Varnell said...

Love this card Mercy and those colors are awesome. Love the way you did the circle frame and the piercing inside. Fab-a-lus Sherman!!!