Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

...On The 6th Day of Sketches

This is my sample for the 12 Days of Sketches-Sketch 6 at The Greeting Farm Blog. Since this week's Farm Fresh Friday falls on Christmas, we've decided to move the challenge to coincide with the sketches challenge. I used the newly released "Yoga Anya" along with some of my Amy Butler "Sola" patterned papers from K & Company. I matched up the image with a sentiment from TGF's set "Me Time Anya". I watercolored the image, cut it out, then attached it to the focal panel with Dimensionals. Instead of using a piece of patterned paper on the large panel on the right side of the card base, I decided to emboss it with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I pierced the edges of the flowery panel with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, then added some Kiwi Kiss Striped Ribbon around it. The sentiment panel was punched out with the Word Window Punch before being attached to the ribbon.

That's it for me today...it's Christmas Eve, so that means getting to spend time with my mom and daddy! Thanks for stopping by to see me, and I will see you back here tomorrow with a special post! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps: Yoga Anya, Me Time Anya (The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Watercolor, Amy Butler "Sola" (K & Company)
Inks: Basic Black Craft, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze
Accessories: swiss dots CB folder, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, nesties, big shot, clear embossing powder, heat gun, aquapainter, ribbon, word window punch, scissors

8 comments:

Denise said...

Mercy,
I love this card! I need to relax!! Love that image.
Relax & have a Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Denise

Cindy Haffner said...

Merry Christmas Mercy, love your sweet Anya. Holiday Hugs Cindy xxoo

Crystal said...

Mercy SUPER CUTE and GREAT colors!!!

Merry Christmas
Crystal

Unknown said...

Your sweet Anya is doing exactly what I'd love to be doing right now.. relaxing!!!

Merry Christmas, Mercy!!

Barbara said...

Just adorable, Mercy!! Merry Christmas!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Much love to you, Darlin! MERRY CHRISTMAS my sweet friend!!!!

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Mercy.
Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Peggy said...

Super sweet card! Love the "calm" colors you chose to go with the beautifully colored image!