Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

...Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Since this is the season of thanks, I wanted to take a moment to not only thank you all for being my friends and faithful readers, but to also thank the One who deserves it most...

My Heavenly Father,

You know the times I have been ungrateful, and held ill thoughts toward You and others. You know the times I complain and grumble about life and its circumstances, about suffering, going through what seem endless trials and tribulations. Even yielding to temptation and sin.

Yet God, You are and always will be there with me; even when it seems like I am forever in the wilderness, running further and further from You...You, my God, are there guiding me back to Your loving arms.

I am thankful Lord for everything that You allow to cross my path. Thankful for the decisions that You allow me to make, and the lessons that come from those decisions.

I’m thankful, Lord, that I do not have to live under condemnation anymore, that You have truly set me free, that I am a new creation, that I need not live under the law anymore. Thankful that You have given me joy unspeakable. Thankful that You are patient...allowing me to mature in You!

Lord, words cannot express my thankfulness for Your mighty power that is at work in me, transforming me, renewing my mind. To You, Lord, belong all of my thanks...forever!

In Jesus’ name,
Amen.

That's it for me today! Be sure to share and show your thankfulness to others, and enjoy this wonderful day! Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Natalie said...

What a wonderful prayer and testimony of thankfulness. God's richest blessings to you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather P. said...

Amen! :)

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

Marisa said...

To Him be the glory for ever and ever for we would be nothing without Him in our lives! Blessings to you, Mercy! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving :D

Jenny Hayward said...

Amen to all that you have said!!

Thanks for sharing your personal prayer and thanks.

God Bless

Jenny H. xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Mercy – thank you for the beautiful heartfelt prayer that accompanied the picture of your Thanksgiving meal. What a joy for those who shared at your table…..and those who are rich in your love.

GOD bless you in the assurance of all of GOD’s promises for you

Mary anne in Stanwood
I believe!!