Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

...Happiness for Hostesses

Happy Thursday, everyone! It has been Project Parade time over at the Verve Blog the last few days, and the Divas have been cranking out some amazing work! This month's theme is "Happiness For Hostesses", and I wanted to showcase a gift for the hostess of our Writers' Club. Each month I get together with a few of my girlfriends to read poetry and/or short stories that we have written the month before. I thought these would be wonderful gifts for next month's hostess...here is the whole ensemble:
I altered a writer's journal, and covered it with Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze Cardstock and Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper. I added a lock assembly for privacy, and then stamped the flower from Enjoy in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and Baja Breeze Classic Ink. I added some Stardust Stickles and Brown Kaiser Rhinestones to the flower, then created the focal panel using my Big Shot and Spellbinders' Classic Rectangle Nesties. The sentiment in the lower right-hand corner was from Express Yourself, and was embossed with White Embossing Powder. Each panel was pierced using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, and some Baja Breeze Striped Ribbon was added to complete the project.
My friend has never been to our county library, so I purchased one for her to use this next year. I needed something cute to put it in, so I made a gift card holder. The polka dots and sentiment on the front are from Bountiful Backgrounds, the flowers are from Budding Blossoms, and the butterflies were from Enjoy. I repeated the butterfly on the pull tab that goes in front of the library card. Isn't this cute?!?
And what woman wouldn't love something sweet while she is in deep concentration?!? LOL! I created an acetate box, and filled it with Werther's Original candies. The sentiment was from Delightful & Delicious, and the panel was created using Spellbinders' Nesties. The same butterfly from the previous projects was used as an accent for this one. Chocolate Chip Silk Ribbon was added to the top of the box in order to hang the sentiment tag from it.
As hostess, she will also get to invite three of her friends to the next club date, so I made three simple invitations. These 3X3 cards were created using the sentiment from A Cup of Life, and the circle panels were made using Spellbinders' Classic Circle Nesties. Brown Kaiser Rhinestones were added under the sentiment, and some piercing was added above the patterned paper panel. I added the same butterfly from the other projects to the outside of the envelopes.
That's it for me today! Do you have a fabulous hostess gift idea? We would love to see it! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Just add a link to your creation in the Mr Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain, September 12th. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post!
This flu has really kicked my butt, and I am still not back to 100%...but I hope to get back to my daily posts any time now! Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you all again tomorrow!
Supplies
Stamps: Enjoy, Express Yourself, Bountiful Backgrounds, Budding Blossoms, Delightful & Delicious, A Cup of Life (Verve)
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper
Inks: Chocolate Chip Craft, Baja Breeze, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: writer's journal, scor-pal, stickles, rhinestones, lock assembly, dimensionals, linen thread, ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, nesties, big shot, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat gun, embossing buddy, circle punches, brad, acetate, scallop border punch, Martha Stewart border punch, red-line tape, candies, eyelet, scissors

27 comments:

Suzy Tyler said...

What splendid projects you made, Mercy! Each of the different project are great, but I think I love the journal best. LOVELY!

Jackie said...

What a wonderful gift these will be and the colours are superb :o)
Jackie xx

Jen Tapler said...

GOOOOORGEOUS!!! I especially love the journal!! Awesome job one your first official Project Parade!! but FYI -your initiation has only just begun...bwahahahaha (that was my evil laugh in case you missed it).

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mercy...what a great gift ensemble for your group!

Pam Varnell said...

This is lovely Mercy. I'm sure the young lady that receives this gift will be so appreciative. What a great idea to get her a library card and wrap it in a lovely package. Each and every item is top notch as always. Love them all!!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! You really rocked this challenge. I love this paper, it's one of my favorites that SU had and I haven't used my new set from Verve...yet but may have to do some CASING!!! Great set, the recipient is sure to love it!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome gift set Mercy! You are amazing! ~~Hugs~~

WickedPixie said...

Wow, Mercy, this is a beautiful set!! :-)Traci

Sande said...

Mercy

Gorgeous! I am sure the ladies are going to love what you created for them.

Beautiful work.

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous projects Mercy, you totally rocked it!

Hugs, Kelly

Silke Ledlow said...

Mercy - this is such a beautiful project!!! Look at all these fab cards, goodies :) and journal - love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful project! How creative and fun!! Very thoughtful!! I love it all!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous set!

Lisa Brown said...

What an awesome gift, Mercy, beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

This is absolutely lovely Mercy! I really love the journal!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful projects. Any hostess would love to receive these. TFS

Vicki Dutcher said...

Mercy - To have such talent!!! I aspire to be you when I grow up! Beautiful colors you used and the entire hostess gift is amazing! You Go Girl!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Just gorgeous Mercy! Love it!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mercy...what a fabulous set!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is flippin' amazing, Mercy!! Such a gorgeous set!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wowsers!! Your journal, cards and candy box are fantastic Mercy!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW - what a gorgeous selection of projects!!! LOVE that writers journal and I bet your friend will just love that Library card holder! The acetate box is awesome as are the cards!!! Gorgeousness all round!! :)

Silli said...

This is a wonderful gift Mercy..., love the papers and the colors. Hugs and happy day! Silke

Betty Wright said...

WOW FABULOUS!!! Wonderful colors, design, and ensemble!!! Beautifully done, Mercy!!!

Heidi said...

MERCY- these are all beautiful girl. I know I would love all of those gifts so I know so will your friends. Beautiful work.

Amy Sheffer said...

Absolutely AMAZING ensemble, Mercy! You always do such incredible work, but this has to be one of my faves!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW girl...this is crazy amazing! Sorry it took me so long to get here but all I can say is HOLY COW this is just fabulous...everything about them!...ALL of them! I don't even know where to start! You are such a blessing to Verve and to me, too, my friend. I'm so glad to see you in such an amazing position on this team-you totally are rockin it!!!