Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

...Bloom & Grow Mojo

This is my submission for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #102. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Verve set Just For You in white craft ink, then embossed it with white embossing powder on baja cardstock. The patterned papers were from the Bloom & Grow patterned paper pack from The Paper Studio. The edges of the striped panel were pierced with a paper piercer and piercing guide. The circle focal panels were created using my Big Shot and Spellbinders' Classic Circle Nestablilities. I added silver brads, baja ribbon, and a celery button with linen thread to finish off the card.

That's it for today! My oldest son has his first JV football game of the season, and I am helping feed the whole team after school...so I have to get all of my housework finished before leaving. I would love to stamp all day, but it doesn't look like that will happen today! LOL! Don't forget to stop by Verve to get a 10% discount on your order when you use the discount code MercyRocks. Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you again tomorrow! Until then...
Supplies
Stamps: Just For You (Verve)
Papers: Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Bloom & Grow by The Paper Studio
Inks: Whisper White Craft
Accessories: embossing buddy, white embossing powder, heat gun, foam square adhesive, silver brads, button, linen thread, paper piercer, piercing guide, baja ribbon, big shot, nesties

18 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful! Love the fall combo : )

Heidi said...

WOW is all I can say- you havea beautiful card here. I really would love to get osme of those VERVE stamps- saving my pennies again I think. I love the circle.......... I am addicted to those circle sentiments.

TannyP said...

Oh Mercy! It's no wonder you're a DIVA! Outstanding - your card is just gorgeous!

Tammy said...

Hi Mercy
Great job on the card and sketch. I love the color combo!

WickedPixie said...

I am new to Verve - just a couple of weeks on the bandwagon and I have to say, I thought you were a long-time Verve Diva. Your work represents the company so well! I went to take a look at them because of your gorgeous creations (I wanna be like Mercy!):-)Traci

Lisa Foster said...

Wow Mercy!!! This is gorgeous! Beautiful job on this Mojo sketch! Love it! Hugs, Lisa

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Mercy! Have lots of fun with those hungry athletes! Love the sentiments in this set - might have to take advantage of that celebratory discount and pick this one up! ~chris

Pam Varnell said...

Gorgeousness girlfriend!! Loving this you awesome Verve Diva you.

Basement Stamper said...

Mercy sure does rock, this card is awesome!!! Good luck to your son tonight!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Gorgeous! Wow I love the dp and your take on the layout ROCKS!!!

Torico said...

Gorgeous and beautiful color combo!

June Houck said...

I am so addicted to that paper, I made myself put it away because EVERY card I was making was from that pad. It is so yummy, I really should get it out again :)

Beautiful job with Julee's sketch!

Unknown said...

Sweetie, you DO have this wonderful knack of putting together just the right colours and embellishments! This is yet another example of your amazing talent.
Hugs Viv xx

Anonymous said...

in two words.
Absolutely Gorgeous! you totally aced the sketch. Your work is beautiful!

Cheryl said...

You have such an 'eye' for color girl! It's just gorgeous!

Jen Tapler said...

This is just about perfect Mercy!! LOVE it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!! Love it girlfriend...is it the 18th yet????

Katie Ann Brooks said...

LOVE IT!