Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

...MojoMaria Sketch

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #35 is in the post below this one! :)
This is my submission for the Day Two Mojo Sketch Challenge (designed by Maria Gurnsey) to celebrate Mojo Monday's 100th Sketch Challenge! I used the sentiment from Verve's set Serenity along with some patterned paper from the Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper pack. I pierced the edges of the focal panel and green panel using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, then added three Silver Brads below the verse. I also used one of the Martha Stewart Border Punches on the gray and black vertical panel...love, love, love this punch {thanks, Pam}! In order to run the Black Grosgrain Ribbon through the focal panel I first punched out a hole with the Horizontal Slot Punch, then .pulled the ribbon through to the front side of the panel. I finished it off in a simple knot.

That's it for today! I got alot finished at Pam's today, so I will have a few things to share with you tomorrow...and probably for the rest of the week, too! Thanks for stopping by to see me, and I will see you back here tomorrow with a SU only card using a new sketch challenge. Until then...

Supplies
Stamps: Serenity (Verve)
Papers: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Whisper White, Walk in the Park DSP
Inks: Basic Gray
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, silver brads, 1/4" circle punch, 3/8" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, Martha Stewart Border Punch, SAMJ, image sheet, ribbon

14 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful card. I love all the detail you put into it. Great job:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers Mercy you rocked this sketch!!--Great colors!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Stunning, really stunning!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Ooooooo....nice color combo! Excellent card!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Mercy - this is gorgeous!!! I love the colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Your card designs never cease to amaze me. I too hope to get a chance to play along with some of 100 mojo challenges.

Laural-Lee said...

Love the multiple layers....and the use of black.

Unknown said...

Mercy my darling, you have made something so beautiful here. It's too gorgeous to just be called a 'card'. I love it my friend!
Hugs Viv xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Mercy!

Cheryl said...

Wowza!! I would'nt have thought to put these colors together, but how awesome it turned out here! Love that edge, and those DP's...and the sentiment too! Just awesome!

Heather P. said...

Whoa... This card is spectacular!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Stunning as always girl!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the colors!! And the silver brads are fabulous!! Love this!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always ...
Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Naton wide cash is easy and fast