Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

...Open House Sneak Peek #2

This is a treat bag that the ladies will be making for one of their Open House projects. I started by stuffing ten (10) pieces of Bit-O-Honey Candy into a Medium Cello Bag. The topper was created with a 5-1/2" X 4-1/4" piece of Riding Hood Red Cardstock. It was folded in half lengthwise, then I matted the additional layers with Yoyo Yellow Cardstock. The blue patterned paper was from the Pacific Point Designer Series Paper pack, and the edges were pierced using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. The sentiment and honey pot, from the set "Just Buzzin' By", were stamped in Jet Black Staz-On Ink. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Image Sheet for proper placement of the words. The honey pot was stamped onto Watercolor Paper, then colored it using an Aquapainter and the following: Pacific Point Classic Ink Pad, Riding Hood Red Classic Ink Pad, and Yoyo Yellow Classic Ink Pad. The completed pot was cut out, and attached to a pacific circle (that had been punched out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch) with Dimensionals. The pacific circle was then attached to a yellow circle (that had been punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch) using Dimensionals again. Two Silver Brads were added to secure the topper to the cello bag using the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer.

That's it for today! I still have a few last minute details to get wrapped up, but I wanted to thank you all for stopping by to see me. Thanks also for all of your well wishes and congratulations...you guys are so precious to me! I may or may not have time to post anything tomorrow, but I will try to get something ready to share with you {even if it is simply a picture of the new catty...LOL}. Until later...



Supplies
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By
Papers: Riding Hood Red, Yoyo Yellow, Watercolor, Pacific Point DSP
Inks: Jet Black Staz-On, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, brads, SAMJ, image sheet, aquapainter, scissors, punches (1-3/8" circle, scallop circle), dimensionals, candy

4 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

I LOVE Bit-o-Honey! What a great treat! I have a terrible time finding the candy around here. This is perfect!

JulieA said...

That is soooooo cute! I LOVE your colors!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh so cute!! Might have to case this one, too! Great job!

Elizabeth said...

I love that bag topper! It is so cute and the colors are great!