Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

...Anya Fashion Show Entry

This is my submission for the "Anya Fashion Show" Contest over at The Greeting Farm Blog. I used the sets "Dress Me" and "Wardrobe #1" to create this particular card. I started with a Sahara Sand Cardstock base, the matted each additional layer with Bravo Burgundy Cardstock (I added a layer of Sahara Sand Cardstock to the focal image also). The patterned papers are from the Parisian Summer Designer Series Paper pack. I pierced the striped and focal panels using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. I also added a scalloped panel to the side of the focal panel that was punched with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Border Punch. A piece of 5/8" Light Pink Ribbon was added around the panels, and three Build-a-Brads were added down the left side of the focal panel.

I stamped the Anya image in Graphite Black Brilliance Ink, then embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. She was colored with Copic Sketch Markers, then Diamond Stickles were added to parts of her dress, her eyeshadow, and her headband. To create her chiffon-looking dress, I stamped and embossed the dress on vellum. I flipped the image over in order to color the back side with a light pink Copic marker. Once it had dried completely, I used Vellum Tape to attach the dress to a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I then cut out the dress, and attached it to Anya using SNAIL Adhesive. I simply adore the way it turned out! The completed Anya was cut out, and popped up off of the panel using Dimensionals.

That's it for today! I am still feeling kind of icky, so I will probably pile up on the couch with the hubby for a relaxing afternoon of watching movies. Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you all again tomorrow. Until then...


Supplies:
Stamps: Dress Me, Wardrobe #1 (The Greeting Farm)
Papers: Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Vellum, Parisian Summer DSP
Inks: graphite Black Brilliance Ink
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder, heat gun, copic sketch markers, vellum tape, adhesive, scissors, build-a-brads, 1/2" circle punch (for patterned paper on the build-a-brads), stickles, ribbon, Martha Stewart punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oooh, this is SOOO stunning, Mercy!! What's this about a contest? Might have to check that out! :)

Julie said...

Okay, I'm back :) DID YOU SEE WHAT YOU COULD WIN? OMG! I won't have time to make a card, but you've got this one in the bag anyways!! LUCKY LUCKY!! I've been wondering about that farmer Anya and when she'll be coming out, plus the Miss Anyas are just adorable...

Augh, see what you and Pam have done???? HELP! :)

Corie said...

This is just adorable!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow, this is AMAZING! So much detail! Absolutely beautiful!